I LOVE party food. Little bites of special things that you don’t get to eat every day. Finger foods. Dips. Crunchies. Things on sticks. Things lined up in perfect rows. Beautifully arranged platters that stay beautifully arranged for just a moment. Party guests lurking in the kitchen balancing cocktails and snacks.
I love hosting parties where I can make as many of these little things as will possibly fit on my kitchen counter. I try to make something for everyone, but one of the luxuries of this type of party is that you can make some things that may not appeal to every single guest, and that’s OK. As long as you have lots of options, people are free to skip the bites that don’t appeal to them.
Smoked salmon appeals to me, for sure. Cucumber Cups with Smoked Salmon Salad is a party bite that I make, knowing I will be in the slim minority of party goers that actually like smoked salmon. So, while the chips and salsa draws a crowd, you’ll find me, hovering over this platter, feasting on fresh cucumber cups stuffed with the bright, clean flavors of salmon, red onion, horseradish, fresh dill, Greek yogurt and lemon.
Cucumber Cups with Smoked Salmon Salad
- 1 English cucumber
- Kosher salt
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together remaining ingredients.
3. Using a small spoon, fill cucumber cups with salmon mixture. Serve immediately.
If you need some other healthy snacks to round out your appetizer party, you may want to give Naturebox a try. If so, click here and use the code “FOXES10″ at checkout to receive $10 off your first box!