My husband LOVES making pizza – he grills it in the summer, bakes it in the winter, and comes up with a new flavor combo each time. In this monthly “guest post,” I’m going to sit back, relax, and maybe take the occasional photo while Jeff makes me a pizza and tells you about it. Here he is:
My wife and I usually spend weekend mornings watching the Food Network because we get good cooking ideas while decompressing from a long week of work. On Saturday we saw Ina Garten making a meal for her husband Geoffrey. My wife saw these bruschetta that had a feta cheese spread and heirloom tomatoes marinated in olive oil, red wine vinegar, and shallots – she literally shrieked with joy and made me promise to make them for her.
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pound assorted cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves
- 1 ball of pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
- 1 cooked chicken breast (grilled, roasted or poached), thinly sliced
- 2 cups arugula
4. Spread still-warm cooked pizza crust with feta mixture. Top with chicken, tomato mixture and arugula.