I know I’ve mentioned it before, but yeah, I just completely missed the boat on the mason jar trend sweeping the interwebs a few years back. Charming though they were, I couldn’t find the space for them in my tiny bungalow kitchen. But somehow, they started to win me over. And I found myself thinking “well…there is that little bit of storage space back there behind the re-usable glass storage dishes….”
I went to the hardware store on the corner for some dish soap earlier this summer (because our hardware store is the closest one-stop shop that has everything under the sun), and impulse-bought a pallet of mason jars. And then it was over. My life would never be the same.
Now, I have large mason jars, small mason jars, blue mason jars, and a mason jar light fixture. I pack oatmeal in them, I layer salads in them, I pour smoothies into them. I use them to store leftover sauces, use them for bathroom storage and organization, and use them to decorate my home. I use them to re-create wedding cakes. Basically, I use them for everything other than their real purpose – canning and preserving. Maybe someday. Right now I’m too busy buying bulk grains and storing them in jars.
I never claimed to be one of the popular kids. But hey mason jars? Yeah, you have my heart. Finally. And always and forever.
Chocolate Raspberry Yogurt Parfaits
- 4 small (1/2-pint) mason jars
- 3 (6 ounce) containers vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2-1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 16 Naturebox Cocoa Waffle Wafers, crushed, plus additional whole wafers for garnish (or your favorite brand of chocolate wafers)
- 5 ounces fresh raspberries
2. Divide half of yogurt/cocoa mixture between jars. Divide crushed wafers over yogurt/cocoa mixture, then divide raspberries over wafers. Divide remaining container of vanilla yogurt over raspberries. Top jars with remaining yogurt/cocoa mixture. Serve garnished with additional wafers.
This recipe originally appeared here on the Naturebox blog.
Want to try the Cocoa Waffle Wafers I used for this recipe? If so, you may want to give Naturebox a try – click here and use the code “FOXES10″ at checkout to receive $10 off your first box!