Birthday Cake Latte Muffins
Birthday cake lattes seem to be all the rage at coffee shops these days. In the interest of full disclosure, I’ve never actually had one. I like rainbow sprinkles, but . . . I like them separate from my coffee. Until now. I took the fun invention that is the birthday cake latte, and turned it into a muffin. To enjoy alongside a coffee as breakfast or dessert.
For this Birthday Cake Latte Muffins recipe, I used International Delight Simply Pure, a new clean label coffee creamer with just five simple ingredients. It comes in three flavors – vanilla, caramel and hazelnut – and it’s a new way to enjoy your morning coffee and make each day awesome!
I whipped up a basic funfetti-style vanilla muffin/cupcake batter, but spiked it with a generous dash of espresso powder. Also, to intensify the latte flavor, I subbed the milk in the batter for vanilla Simply Pure creamer. The glaze is also made with the same coffee creamer, plus powdered sugar. Everything comes together to create a muffin that tastes just like a latte, but with sprinkles! YES.
Birthday Cake Latte Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
For the Birthday Cake Latte Muffins:
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup vanilla coffee creamer
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles/jimmies (not nonpareils)
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons vanilla coffee creamer
- Make the Birthday Cake Latte Muffins: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line standard muffin pan with 12 paper muffin liners. In small bowl, whisk flour, espresso powder, baking powder, salt and baking soda until well combined.
- In large bowl, whisk together butter and granulated sugar. Add egg, coffee creamer, yogurt and vanilla extract; whisk until well combined. In three additions, add flour mixture, whisking until well combined after each addition. Gently fold in sprinkles.
- Divide batter among prepared cupcake liners. Transfer to oven and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Transfer pan to wire rack; let stand 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and transfer to wire rack. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- Make the Glaze: In medium bowl, whisk powdered sugar and coffee creamer until smooth. Spoon over muffins.
Home Chef Tip: I used vanilla-flavored coffee creamer in this recipe, but you could also use caramel, hazelnut or plain creamer, depending on your personal preference.
Muffin recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction.
Making one of my recipes? Please let me know by sharing a photo on my Facebook page, or uploading to Instagram or Twitter with the tag #foxeslovelemons. It would make my day!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.