Curried Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce and Apple Slaw #SundaySupper
I think anybody that cooks for a living or just really, really loves food constantly has ideas for new recipes bouncing through their brain. I draw inspiration from things I eat in restaurants, see on TV, and ingredients at the grocery store. I use the notepad feature on my iPhone to jot down recipe ideas, hoping I’ll get a chance to follow through on them one day.
Today is the day for one particular recipe idea to stop living in my iPhone and start living on my plate and then in my stomach. Today is the day not only because I’ve been on a curry kick in the last week, but because Jennie at The Messy Baker is hosting this week’s Summer BBQ Party themed #SundaySupper!
I guess these little sliders may not be what most people think of when they imagine a BBQ, but hey – they’re grilled, and I’d serve them at a party. The recipe is as easy as rubbing a pork tenderloin with some curry powder and throwing it on the grill. The slider buns are slathered with a simple spicy peanut sauce using my condiment forever-love sambal oelek. And I’ll call it a coleslaw, but there’s not a speck of cabbage in sight – this one uses bean sprouts (which perfectly mimic the texture of crunchy cabbage), shredded green apple, red onion, toasted sesame seeds and a light coating of Greek yogurt for some tangy creaminess.
When I took that long-awaited first bite of the sandwich that has lurked in my brain for years, it was love at first bite, I tell you. Well worth the wait.
Curried Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce and Apple Slaw
Yield: 4 servings (2 sliders per serving)
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
For the Green Apple Slaw:
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and shredded
- 1/4 medium red onion, shredded
- 1 (7 ounce) container 2% Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
For the Curried Pork Tenderloin & Assembly:
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 8 slider buns
- Preheat grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, prepare Spicy Peanut Sauce: In medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Also, prepare Green Apple Slaw: In large bowl, stir all ingredients until well combined.
- Rub pork with curry powder. Transfer pork to hot grill rack. Cover grill and cook 14 to 16 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F, turning pork occasionally. Transfer pork to plate; cover tightly with foil and let stand 10 minutes.
- Spread top half of buns with Spicy Peanut Sauce. Thinly slice pork and build sliders using pork slices (I used 2 slices per slider) and Green Apple Slaw.
Making one of my recipes? Please let me know by sharing a photo on my Facebook page, or uploading to Instagram or Twitter with the tag #foxeslovelemons. It would make my day!
Hot Off the Grill:
- Best Grilled Pork Chops by Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Bleu Cheese Burgers by Juanita’s Cocina
- Korean Grilled Flank Steak by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Swedish Blonde Burgers by Eat, Move, Shine
- Hawaiian Hot Dogs by La Cocina De Leslie
- BBQing the Whole Hog, Cuban Style by Webicurean
- Meat Stuffed Jalapenos by The Urban Mrs
- St. Louis Ribs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fish Kebabs with Mint Chutney by Soni’s Food
- Jalapeno Bacon Burgers by Cookin’ Mimi
- Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burgers by In the Kitchen with KP
- Curried Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce & Apple Slaw by Foxes Love Lemons
- Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts by Sustainable Dad
- Ditch Dogs by Daily Dish Recipes
- Bison Kabobs by Noshing With The Nolands
On the Side:
- Spicy Baked Beans by The Messy Baker
- Wisconsin Roasted Corn by Curious Cuisiniere
- German Potato Salad by The Foodie Army Wife
- Grilled Baby Potatoes With Peppers And Onions by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Sausage Potato Salad by girlichef
- Lightened Up Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Homemade Mustards by A Stack of Dishes
- Spicy Grilled Corn Salad by Magnolia Days
- Layered California Pasta Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Potato Salad by In Fine Balance
- Spicy Bacon and Corn Salad by Hip Foodie Mom
- Three Corns with Japanese Accents by Ninja Baking
- Cucumber Bruschetta by Healthy. Delicious.
- Grilled Zucchini by Supper for a Steal
- Chicken Spinach & Pasta Salad by Family Foodie
- Red, White & Blue Parfait by Country Girl in the Village
- Root Beer Float Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Gluten Free Brownies by Blueberries & Blessings
- Grilled Stone Fruit Parfait by Pescetarian Journal
- Blueberry Sorbet by Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Tres Leches Cake by Happy Baking Days
- Beach Cupcakes by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Grilled Banana Dessert Bar by Home Cooking Memories
- Berries & Cream Pie by Treats & Trinkets
- Raspberry Lemonade Frozen Yogurt Pops by Runner’s Tales
- More S’mores by Growing Up Gabel
- Blackberry Peach Cobbler by Neighborfood
- Cornbread Cookies by Pies & Plots
- Funfetti Fluff Cheerio Treats by What Smells So Good?
- Pineapple Pudding by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
In the Cooler: