Curried Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce and Apple Slaw #SundaySupper

Curried Pork Sliders with Spicy Peanut Sauce and Apple SlawI think anybody that cooks for a living or just really, really loves food constantly has ideas for new recipes bouncing through their brain. I draw inspiration from things I eat in restaurants, see on TV, and ingredients at the grocery store. I use the notepad feature on my iPhone to jot down recipe ideas, hoping I’ll get a chance to follow through on them one day.

Today is the day for one particular recipe idea to stop living in my iPhone and start living on my plate and then in my stomach. Today is the day not only because I’ve been on a curry kick in the last week, but because Jennie at The Messy Baker is hosting this week’s Summer BBQ Party themed #SundaySupper!

I guess these little sliders may not be what most people think of when they imagine a BBQ, but hey – they’re grilled, and I’d serve them at a party. The recipe is as easy as rubbing a pork tenderloin with some curry powder and throwing it on the grill. The slider buns are slathered with a simple spicy peanut sauce using my condiment forever-love sambal oelek. And I’ll call it a coleslaw, but there’s not a speck of cabbage in sight – this one uses bean sprouts (which perfectly mimic the texture of crunchy cabbage), shredded green apple, red onion, toasted sesame seeds and a light coating of Greek yogurt for some tangy creaminess.

When I took that long-awaited first bite of the sandwich that has lurked in my brain for years, it was love at first bite, I tell you. Well worth the wait.

Curried Pork Sliders with Spicy Peanut Sauce and Apple Slaw

Curried Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce and Apple Slaw

Yield: 4 servings (8 sliders)

Curried Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce and Apple Slaw

• For the Spicy Peanut Sauce:
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
  • For the Green Apple Slaw:
  • 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and shredded
  • 1/4 medium red onion, shredded
  • 1 (7 ounce) container 2% Greek yogurt
  • 3/4 cup bean sprouts, roughly chopped
  • 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
  • For the Curried Pork Tenderloin & Assembly:
  • 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 8 slider buns

1. Preheat grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, prepare Spicy Peanut Sauce: In medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Also, prepare Green Apple Slaw: In large bowl, stir all ingredients until well combined.
  2. Rub pork with curry powder. Transfer pork to hot grill rack. Cover grill and cook 14 to 16 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F, turning pork occasionally. Transfer pork to plate; cover tightly with foil and let stand 10 minutes.
  3. Spread top half of buns with Spicy Peanut Sauce. Thinly slice pork and build sliders using pork slices (I used 2 slices per slider) and Green Apple Slaw.

Don’t forget to check out all of the delicious Sunday Supper recipes:

Hot Off the Grill:

On the Side:

Sweet Tooth:

In the Cooler:

What’s your favorite food to make for a Summer BBQ Party?  Feel free to leave links and/or recipes in the comments. Also, please join us for our live Twitter chat tonight at 7pm EST using the #SundaySupper hashtag, and check out the Sunday Supper board on Pinterest.

112 Responses to “Curried Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce and Apple Slaw #SundaySupper”

1. Jennifer Drummond — June 30, 2013 at 8:58 am

I love the apple slaw! What a great idea for pork sliders!

2. Jennifer Drummond — June 30, 2013 at 12:58 pm

I love the apple slaw! What a great idea for pork sliders!

3. Jen @JuanitasCocina — June 30, 2013 at 9:53 am

Ohhhhhh…that spicy peanut sauce is calling my name!

• Lori | Foxes Love Lemons replied: — July 5th, 2013 @ 9:28 pm

Thanks Jen! I wish I would have made a bigger batch of the sauce, cause then I would have some in the fridge right now :)

4. Jen @JuanitasCocina — June 30, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Ohhhhhh…that spicy peanut sauce is calling my name!

5. Constance — June 30, 2013 at 10:03 am

I think they are PERFECT for a BBQ! YUM!

6. Conni — June 30, 2013 at 2:03 pm

I think they are PERFECT for a BBQ! YUM!

7. Liz — June 30, 2013 at 10:29 am

What a delicious alternative to a burger or pulled pork! Terrific sandwich!

• Lori | Foxes Love Lemons replied: — July 5th, 2013 @ 9:29 pm

Thanks Liz. And actually, as I was eating these, I was thinking how I could adapt it to make it with either ground pork burgers, or pulled pork. haha.

8. Liz — June 30, 2013 at 2:29 pm

What a delicious alternative to a burger or pulled pork! Terrific sandwich!

9. Kim — June 30, 2013 at 10:40 am

These are adorable. And they’re little, so I can eat a whole bunch, right? Right

10. Kim — June 30, 2013 at 2:40 pm

11. Shannon C — June 30, 2013 at 10:41 am

Sign me up! I will take a Crave Case of these. I love all of your flavors. I can’t pick just one. The spicy peanut sauce, fantastic. The apple slaw sounds like heaven. Cool and heat combo? Yes please!

• Lori | Foxes Love Lemons replied: — July 5th, 2013 @ 9:29 pm

Haha, I should package them up in Crave Cases. Hilarious :)

12. Shannon C — June 30, 2013 at 2:41 pm

13. Paula @ Vintage Kitchen — June 30, 2013 at 10:49 am

If you only knew how much I love all the flavors in this recipe Lori! Very, very awesome combination!

• Lori | Foxes Love Lemons replied: — July 5th, 2013 @ 9:29 pm

Thank Paula! I think these flavors were just meant to be together.

14. Paula @ Vintage Kitchen — June 30, 2013 at 2:49 pm

15. Courtney @ Neighborfood — June 30, 2013 at 10:59 am

I have so many recipe ideas floating around on my phone, in my email, on random napkins shoved into drawers. I just hope I get the time to try them (and that when I do have the time, I can actually find them!) These look super good, and I’m really intrigued by using sprouts and apple slices in place of cabbage. Sounds yummy!

• Lori | Foxes Love Lemons replied: — July 5th, 2013 @ 9:30 pm

Thanks Courtney! Oh yeah, it’s not just my Iphone. It’s binders and binders full of recipes I want to try, things tucked behind the knife block, in the junk drawer, bookmarked on my laptop and kindle and phone….everywhere.

16. Courtney @ Neighborfood — June 30, 2013 at 2:59 pm

17. Suzanne — June 30, 2013 at 11:57 am

Great flavors and love that you use sprouts in your slaw instead of cabbage. I love pulled pork but it’s all day in the oven for a shoulder and it’s just too damn hot for that. Here you have done tenderloin which cooks in a flash, great idea and I love the Asian flavors.

• Lori | Foxes Love Lemons replied: — July 5th, 2013 @ 9:31 pm

Seriously – too damn hot. Especially today. I’m only laying on the couch, and I’m a little too toasty.

• Suzanne replied: — July 5th, 2013 @ 9:36 pm

Way too toasty here in NYC, my AC unit in the kitchen just died. UGH!!! Can’t cook without it, it’s so hot and so humid it’s unbearable.

• Lori | Foxes Love Lemons replied: — July 5th, 2013 @ 9:48 pm

Oh no, that stinks!! Yes, the humidity is just making it unbearable here in Detroit, too. Don’t think I’m going to get much accomplished in the kitchen this weekend…

18. Suzanne — June 30, 2013 at 3:57 pm

19. Rachel @ Runner's Tales — June 30, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I love curry on pretty much everything! The green apple slaw and peanut sauce sound like the perfect flavors to balance the curried pork. This recipe sounds absolutely fabulous!

20. Rachel @ Runner's Tales — June 30, 2013 at 5:26 pm

21. Happy Baking Days — June 30, 2013 at 2:20 pm

These are so cute, and I love the apple and ginger!

22. Happy Baking Days — June 30, 2013 at 6:20 pm

These are so cute, and I love the apple and ginger!

23. Tara — June 30, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Love your little sliders and I know they would be so full of flavor!!

24. Tara — June 30, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Love your little sliders and I know they would be so full of flavor!!

25. Jennie @themessybakerblog — June 30, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I’m always thinking about food… Twenty four/seven! These sliders sound AH-mazing!

26. Jennie @themessybakerblog — June 30, 2013 at 8:05 pm

27. Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen — June 30, 2013 at 5:17 pm

I love spicy peanut sauce and the combo with the apple slaw sounds amazing!!!

28. Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen — June 30, 2013 at 9:17 pm

I love spicy peanut sauce and the combo with the apple slaw sounds amazing!!!

29. Chef Di — June 30, 2013 at 5:35 pm

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!! And love that we both made an apple slaw w/no cabbage lol! I’m actually allergic to cabbage and carrots, so I was especially excited to see another option- bean sprouts! So darn creative, you are!!! ;-)

• Lori | Foxes Love Lemons replied: — July 5th, 2013 @ 9:34 pm

Thanks Di :) Yeah, the bean sprouts were kind of a happy accident. I thought they would be just a small portion of the “slaw,” but then I ended up buying way more than I needed, and they kind of became the whole slaw, with just the apple for a bit of flavor. The texture was just as good, if not better than, coleslaw! Who needs cabbage?

30. Chef Di — June 30, 2013 at 9:35 pm

31. The Ninja Baker — June 30, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Bean sprouts instead of cabbage in slaw is a brilliant move, Lori! As is the peanut sauce and everything else…which is why I’ve saved the recipes =)

P.s. The notepad on the iPhone and iPad are well used by this Ninja Baker, too=)

• Lori | Foxes Love Lemons replied: — July 5th, 2013 @ 9:35 pm

Thanks Kim! And yeah, what would we do without that notepad?

32. The Ninja Baker — June 30, 2013 at 9:50 pm

33. Hezzi-D — July 1, 2013 at 7:15 am

Wow these sound like they are flavor packed. That apple slaw would be so refreshing with the curried pork. Great combo!

34. Katie — July 1, 2013 at 9:05 am

Ok, I am absolutely drooling at the thought of these sliders – the flavors sound awesome!

35. Katie — July 1, 2013 at 1:05 pm

36. Family Foodie — July 1, 2013 at 4:40 pm

These look amazing and perfect for a BBQ! The spicy peanut sauce and apple slaw sound incredible!

37. Family Foodie — July 1, 2013 at 8:40 pm

38. Sarah R — July 1, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Oh WOW! My mom would love this for sure

39. Sarah R — July 2, 2013 at 12:52 am

Oh WOW! My mom would love this for sure

40. Soni — July 1, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Love the curry flavors in the patty and your lovely peanut sauce!!The apple slaw also sounds delicious!!Cannot wait to try :)

41. Soni — July 2, 2013 at 2:53 am

42. littleredkitchen — July 2, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Isn’t it the best when an idea you’ve had floating around comes to fruition and it tastes awesome?

43. littleredkitchen — July 2, 2013 at 9:43 pm

44. Alice Choi — July 3, 2013 at 11:03 pm

OMG, I love everything about these sliders. . yummm! Delicious!

45. Alice Choi — July 4, 2013 at 3:03 am

OMG, I love everything about these sliders. . yummm! Delicious!

46. Cindys Recipes — July 4, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Peanut sauce, apples, pork what’s not to love!

47. Cindys Recipes — July 4, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Peanut sauce, apples, pork what’s not to love!

48. Webicurean — July 5, 2013 at 12:54 pm

There’s so much going on here, and it all sounds wonderful! I love grilled pork–now I need to try it with curry!

49. Webicurean — July 5, 2013 at 4:54 pm

50. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:27 am

Thanks Jennifer!

51. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:28 am

52. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:28 am

Thanks so much, Conni.

53. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:29 am

54. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:29 am

Oh, definitely, Kim – a whole bunch :)

55. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:29 am

Haha, I should package them up in Crave Cases. Hilarious :)

56. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:29 am

Thank Paula! I think these flavors were just meant to be together.

57. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:30 am

58. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:31 am

59. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:31 am

Thanks so much, Rachel!

60. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:33 am

Thanks Katy!

61. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:33 am

Flavor-town :)

62. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:33 am

Hahah, I’m so glad somebody else understands!

63. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:33 am

Thanks Bobbi!

64. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:34 am

65. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:35 am

Thanks Kim! And yeah, what would we do without that notepad?

66. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:35 am

Thanks so much!

67. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:35 am

Thank you, Katie!

68. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:35 am

Thanks Isabel! I appreciate it!

69. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:36 am

Thanks Sarah!

70. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:36 am

Thanks Soni, I hope you enjoy it!

71. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:36 am

The BEST. For sure.

72. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:36 am

Thanks Alice!

73. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:36 am

Exactly!

74. Suzanne — July 6, 2013 at 1:36 am

75. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:36 am

Thanks so much!

76. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 6, 2013 at 1:48 am

77. Chris Baccus — July 7, 2013 at 12:26 am

I have a Pork’tacular BBQ party coming up next weekend. I may have to add this to the menu. Looks amazing.

• Lori | Foxes Love Lemons replied: — July 7th, 2013 @ 10:36 am

That BBQ party sounds awesome! If you make these sliders, please let me know how you liked them. Enjoy the party!

78. Chris Baccus — July 7, 2013 at 4:26 am

79. Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons — July 7, 2013 at 2:36 pm

80. Hezzi-D — August 24, 2013 at 1:18 pm

81. Pingback: 50 Must Serve New Year's Eve Appetizers & Party Food

82. Pingback: The 10 Best Things I Cooked In 2013 - Foxes Loves Lemons

83. Pingback: Summer BBQ Ditch Dogs | Hot Dogs & Mac & Cheese | Daily Dish Recipes

84. Pingback: Ranch and Pimento Mac & Cheese #HiddenValleyIt - Foxes Loves Lemons