Now that we’re nearly settled into our new home, our dinner routine can go back to normal . . . correct? Well, not so much. We bought this house with one big contingency: a major kitchen remodel would be in the works, nearly immediately.
The new house’s kitchen isn’t awful, per se, but it’s small and not laid out very well (hello, range right next to the fridge with no other counter space between those appliances, or on either side of them). There’s also the world’s tiniest dishwasher that fits like 3 forks and a salad plate. It’d be a great kitchen for a family that didn’t cook very much. It is NOT a kitchen for somebody who photographs food for a living.
I’m already starting to panic about how I’ll make do without a “real” kitchen for the 6 – 8 week remodel (which includes removing a wall and opening up the kitchen to the dining room). I’ll be setting up a temporary kitchen in either the garage or basement so that I can still continue to work, but I doubt I’m going to want to cook more complicated meals than absolutely necessary. I’m starting to make a mental list of meals that can be prepared very simply, on the grill and/or without a ton of dishes.
This meal of Grilled Summer Vegetables with Lemon Buttered Breadcrumbs served with La Terra Fina quiches certainly fits the bill. It doesn’t get any easier than throwing some fresh summer veggies in a grill basket and letting them do their thing. The lemon buttered breadcrumbs are optional, but add a little crunch and citrus action to the party.
La Terra Fina’s quiches couldn’t be more perfect for an easy breakfast, lunch, dinner (or entertaining!) option. Simply preheat your oven, bake them, slice and serve with a side salad or vegetable dish, then discard the disposable pan they come in. La Terra Fina offers single-serve 6-ounce quiches as well as 23-ounce quiches to serve family and friends.
These chef-inspired quiches come in flavors like Cheesy Cheddar & Broccoli, Spinach & Artichoke Florentine, and Quiche Lorraine (bacon and swiss, my favorite). These quiches are truly so delicious that I think if I stock my freezer with them, I’m *almost* prepared for the kitchen remodel. Almost.
Grilled Summer Vegetables with Lemon Buttered Breadcrumbs
- 3 small yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch discs
- 1 large leek (white and light green parts only), halved and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 French baguette
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- Heat grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Toss squash, leek and beans with oil and salt, and place in grill basket. Grill 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, tear baguette into large pieces and place in food processor. Pulse until ground into chunky breadcrumbs.
- Heat butter in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumbs to butter and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon zest during last minute of cooking.
- Transfer vegetables to serving platter; top with breadcrumbs.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of La Terra Fina. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.