Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches with Herbed Goat Cheese #SundaySupper
Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches with Herbed Goat Cheese
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 2 portobello mushroom caps
- 2 red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded and quartered
- 2 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- Preheat grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, stir together goat cheese, chives and basil. Toast bread in a toaster or toaster oven.
- Lay mushrooms, bell peppers and zucchini on baking sheet. Spray both sides with nonstick spray and and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place vegetables on hot grill rack and grill until just tender, turning occasionally (time will vary for each vegetable, so just pull them off the grill and transfer back to the baking sheet as they finish cooking). Depending on your grill, the zucchini slices and mushrooms should take about 4 minutes, and the bell peppers will take about 6 minutes. Make sure not to overcook the vegetables, because you don’t want them to be mushy, just tender. At this point, you can either leave the vegetables whole, or slice them into strips.
- Spread toasted bread with goat cheese mixture. Build sandwiches using grilled vegetables and spinach. Serve to Mom.
Don’t forget to check out all of the delicious Sunday Supper recipes:
Mother’s Day Brunch:
- Blueberry Coffee Cake from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Cornbread Pancakes with Blackberries from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Crepes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hot N Sweet Mango Chutney from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Lemon Glazed Raspberry Scones from Juanita’s Cocina
- Quiche Lorraine from Supper for a Steal
- Seafood Quiche from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Strawberry Rhubarb Compote from Noshing with the Nolands
- Sweet French Breakfast Crepes from Curious Cuisiniere
- Vidalia Onion Quiche from Comfy Cuisine
Mother’s Day Entrees:
- Cod with Stewed Tomatoes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches with Herbed Goat Cheesefrom Foxes Love Lemons
- Lemon Risotto from Healthy. Delicious.
- Lobster Ravioli with Shrimp Caper Sauce from Family Foodie
- Pork dumpling (Shumai) from The Urban Mrs.
Mother’s Day Sides:
- Spaetzle from Magnolia Days
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls from Gotta Get Baked
- Chocolate Kahlua Cream Pie from Ruffles & Truffles
- Espresso Brownies from What Smells So Good?
- Fresh Blackberry Elderflower Sorbet from Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Fig and Walnut Pie from Vintage Kitchen
- Gluten Free Coconut Cake with Chocolate Ganache, Berries, and Fresh Whipped Cream from Neighborfood
- Lavender Shortbread Cookies from girlichef
- Lemon Meringue Pie from Pies and Plots
- Lemon Petit Fours from Home Cooking Memories
- Lemon Sorbet in Prosecco from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Milky Way Brownies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Coconut Pies from La Cocina de Leslie
- Mini Strawberry and Cheese Pies from Basic N Delicious
- Mom’s Apple Crisp from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mom’s Texas Sheetcake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Raspberry and Hazlenut Friands from Happy Baking Days
- Semolina Balls (Suji Laddoo) from Soni’s Food
- Too-Good-to-Be-Lowfat Chocolate Eclair Icebox Dessert from The Weekend Gourmet
I’d love to hear about the food you like to cook for your mom! Feel free to leave links and/or recipes in the comments. Also, please join us for our live Twitter chat tonight at 7pm EST using the #SundaySupper hashtag, and check out the Sunday Supper board on Pinterest.