Meatball Subs with Garlic-White Wine Sauce
For me, fall is all about three things: sweaters, apple cider and football tailgating. Sweaters, because I own enough cardigans to put Mr. Rogers to shame, apple cider because it’s delicious and Michigan apples make the best cider in the world, and football tailgating because we take it seriously. For this week’s #SundaySupper, sponsored by Gallo Family Vineyards, we’re throwing a virtual tailgate, and we’re taking that pretty seriously, too.
Our usual tailgate crew is Jeff and I, Jeff’s parents, some family friends, and whoever else drops by to join the fun. Our setup is two huge motorhomes, four dogs, ten million maize and blue camping chairs, and every tailgating game ever invented. As far as food and drinks, we have all of them. Wine, beer, every kind of liquor and mixer, bottled water, pop, juice, coffee, hot apple cider, cold apple cider, and anything else you could think of. As far as wine goes, Gallo Family Vineyards mini (187mL) bottles are pretty perfect for tailgating. Especially when you’re like us, and you like having lots of options.
We like to have a good variety of food, too. We don’t just do hot dogs. We have hot dogs, polish sausage and brats. And hamburgers. Plus we try to come up with a new food theme each week in honor of whoever our competitor might be. That might mean Irish food, or a week with lots and lots of cheese. While these Meatball Subs with Garlic-White Wine Sauce aren’t in honor of any specific team, I do believe they’re great tailgate food. The meatball mixture can be kept warm in a slow cooker on low until you’re ready to assemble the subs, and they’re certain to keep you full for the entire game.
For the garlic-white wine sauce, I used a mini bottle of Gallo Family Vineyards Pinot Grigio. The brightness of the citrus notes in this wine balance out the richness from the cream and the meatballs themselves. Use the Gallo store locator to find a bottle for your own tailgate (and use this coupon for $1 off!). Also, be sure to connect with Gallo Family Vineyards on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, and find ideas for pairing wine with your favorite tailgate-perfect BBQ foods here.
Yield: 6 servings Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Making one of my recipes? Please let me know by sharing a photo on my Facebook page, or uploading to Instagram or Twitter with the tag #foxeslovelemons. It would make my day!
Meatball Subs with Garlic-White Wine Sauce
For the Meatballs:
For the Garlic-White Wine Sauce:
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Making one of my recipes? Please let me know by sharing a photo on my Facebook page, or uploading to Instagram or Twitter with the tag #foxeslovelemons. It would make my day!
Don’t forget to check out all of the delicious Sunday Supper recipes:
- Bacon, Onion and Cheddar Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- Basil and Sundried Tomato Hummus by Ruffles & Truffles
- Braided Stromboli by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Braised Brats with Apples and Onions by Flavor Mosaic
- Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bites by Alida’s Kitchen
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Cakes by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken and Chorizo Nachos by Family Foodie
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders by Life Tastes Good
- Greek Style Grilled Wings with Yogurt Dill Sauce by Supper for a Steal
- Meatball Subs with Garlic-White Wine Sauce by Foxes Love Lemons
- Mini Caprese Polenta Pizzas by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mini Chorizo and Cheese Quiches by Magnolia Days
- Pizza Rolls by Momma’s Meals
- Ricotta Toasts with Tomatoes by The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Beef Chili by Jelly Toast
- Spicy Grilled Clams in Foil by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Strawberry Mint Red Moscato Sangria by Feed Me, Seymour
- Sun-dried Tomato and Feta Dip with Za’atar Chips by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Ultimate Stadium Nachos by Melanie Makes
- Veggie Pizza with Cauliflower Crust by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here – Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography.