I have a HUGE list of recipes that I eventually want to create for this blog. Whenever inspiration strikes me, via a meal in a resataurant or a dish in a food magazine, I make a note of it (and usually how I’ll put my own spin on it, too). “Cocktail made with jam” has been on that list for over a year. I can’t pinpoint exactly where the idea for this came from, but I know I’ve seen cocktails made with jam at several bars in my area, as well as recipes online.
It makes good sense – after all, who doesn’t have a random jar of jam in their fridge? I have about six. They’re such a quick and fun way to add a little flavor to a classic cocktail without any additional work on your part, aside from opening the jar and finding a spoon.
Mitten Crate delivered a big box of Michigan-made food goodies in July, including:
- McClure’s Bloody Mary potato chips
- Germack Power snack mix
- Gus & Grey Floozie Peach Bourbon Vanilla Jam
- Cooper Street Cookies White Chocolate Michigan Cherry biscotti
- Populace Coffee Loud Mouth coffee beans
- Proper Soda Co. Hop Soda
As soon as I saw the jam, I knew the time had come for my cocktail to become a reality! Nevermind that the jam contained bourbon, and I really just wanted to make a moscow mule (which is made with vodka). Vodka + Bourbon = FINE BY ME.
Want to try a Mitten Crate of your own? Click HERE to get started, and use the code FOXES5OFF for $5 off your first month’s subscription, or use the code FOXFREESHIP for free shipping on a one-time order.
Peachy Keen Moscow Mules
- 4 teaspoons peach jam
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) ginger beer
- 2 lime wedges
1. In each mug, stir 2 teaspoons jam and 1-1/2 ounces vodka until jam is dissolved in vodka. Fill mugs with ice; top off each mug with ginger beer. Squeeze a wedge of lime into each mug and serve immediately.
This post was written by me on behalf of Mitten Crate, who provided me with a free box for recipe development purposes. I was not otherwise compensated for writing this post, and all opinions are 100% my own.