Spicy Crab Wonton Tacos
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of DaVinci Wine, in conjunction with Kitchen PLAY. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.
A big part of my job seems to involve memorizing the product offerings, prices and stock delivery schedule of every grocery store within a 15-mile radius of my house. If you ask me where to get the freshest ahi tuna, I can tell you where, what it will cost, and on what day of the week you should buy it. Mangos? I know just where to send you for the prettiest, ripest ones.
So, I was pretty surprised last week when I had trouble finding ahi tuna anywhere around town. I was bummed, because my original plan for these wonton tacos was to use tuna, but you know what? I’m almost glad I couldn’t find it, because the crab I ended up with is just so awesome. With the combination of crab and avocado, these Spicy Crab Wonton Tacos remind me very much of a California sushi roll, except I’m subbing mango for cucumber here.
In my opinion, just about any seafood dish (and definitely any spicy seafood dish) calls for a chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio. I would recommend grabbing a bottle of DaVinci Pinot Grigio to pair with these Spicy Crab Wonton Tacos for an easy entertaining menu. DaVinci wines are produced by a cooperative of more than two hundred passionate winegrowers near the Tuscan hillside town of Vinci (the birthplace of Leonardo da Vinci). DaVinci Pinot Grigio grapes are grown in northeastern Italy. This region has cool evenings and warm days, making it perfectly suited to producing crisp Pinot Grigio grapes. These grapes result in a wine that is more acidic and less sweet, which makes it very food-friendly.
Feel free to use any seafood you like in these tacos – crab, ahi tuna, lobster and shrimp all work great. Heck, you could even make these with chicken or pork. It’s just all about keeping it simple and using ingredients you love. Enjoy!
For more information about DaVinci Wine, please visit their Facebook page.
Spicy Crab Wonton Tacos
Yield: 6 servings (3 tacos per serving)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 18 (4-1/2-inch square) wonton wrappers
- 1 pound cooked crab meat (I used super lump), drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sriracha, plus additional for serving
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. In batches, drape wonton wrappers diagonally over sides of baking dish. Lightly spray wrappers with cooking spray. Transfer to oven; bake 5 minutes. Carefully turn wrappers so that sides of wrappers that were hanging over outside of dish are hanging over inside of dish. Return to oven; bake 5 more minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Transfer wrappers to cooling rack to cool completely before filling. Repeat process with remaining wrappers and additional cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together crab, mayonnaise, sriracha, lime juice and sesame oil until well combined.
- Divide crab mixture between wonton wrappers and top with onions, avocado and mango. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately with additional sriracha, if desired.
Making one of my recipes? Please let me know by sharing a photo on my Facebook page, or uploading to Instagram or Twitter with the tag #foxeslovelemons. It would make my day!