Three Bean Salad with Yogurt-Buttermilk Dressing

Three Bean Salad with Yogurt-Buttermilk Dressing - A protein packed salad that can be kept in the fridge for lunches throughout the week! | foxeslovelemons.com

September in Michigan always gives me crazy mixed emotions. 80% of my soul wants to put on a cozy sweater, cook a million pumpkin-filled things and guzzle apple cider like there’s no tomorrow. The other 20% is like “wait, it’s 80 degrees today, the humidity is out of control, and I almost sweat to death trying to sleep with the windows open (and #oneflops pressed against me) last night.” Whomp whomp whomp. Back to life . . . back to reality. Cold salads rather than hot soups are still the name of the game for at least another few weeks.

Mitten Crate August 2014 | foxeslovelemons.com

Mitten Crate delivered a bunch of Michigan goodness in August, including:

While the dill pickle beans would make a perfect garnish to a bloody mary, I’ve used them here as a tangy component to a three bean salad. Kidney beans and chickpeas add a nice punch of protein, and grape tomatoes and onions keep things interesting. Everything is tossed with a light yogurt-buttermilk dressing made with lots of herbs and spices. I made this, packed it into a storage container, and fully planned on eating it with my lunches for a week straight, thinking Jeff wouldn’t be into it at all. Turns out, he LOVED it. So against all odds, this little salad is a husband pleaser. Go figure.

Three Bean Salad with Yogurt-Buttermilk Dressing - A protein packed salad that can be kept in the fridge for lunches throughout the week! | foxeslovelemons.com

Want to try a Mitten Crate of your own? Click HERE to get started, and use the code FOXES5OFF for $5 off your first month’s subscription, or use the code FOXFREESHIP for free shipping on a one-time order.

Three Bean Salad with Yogurt-Buttermilk Dressing

Ingredients:

For the Yogurt-Buttermilk Dressing:



  • 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt

  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise

  • 1-1/2 tablespoons buttermilk

  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley

  • 1/2 teaspoon dried dill

  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

  • 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt

  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

  • 1/8 teaspoon paprika


For the Three Bean Salad:



  • 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained

  • 1 can (15.5 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained

  • 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes

  • 1/2 cup pickled green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces

  • 1/3 cup chopped red onion


Directions:

1. Make the Yogurt-Buttermilk Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, buttermilk, parsley, dill, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika.


2. Make the Three Bean Salad: In large bowl, toss chickpeas, kidney beans, tomatoes, pickled green beans, onion and Yogurt-Buttermilk Dressing until well combined. For best flavor, refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 2 days before serving.

Making one of my recipes? Please let me know by sharing a photo on my Facebook page, or uploading to Instagram or Twitter with the tag #foxeslovelemons. It would make my day!

This post was written by me on behalf of Mitten Crate, who provided me with a free box for recipe development purposes. I was not otherwise compensated for writing this post, and all opinions are 100% my own.

Share this post:Email this to someonePin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUponShare on RedditShare on Yummly