Is there an activity that most people don’t find relaxing, but you do? I know some people say that cleaning the house or doing laundry relaxes them, but that’s not quite my cup of tea. Sorting the mail, however? That’s my jam. We have a little end table positioned just next to our front door. The mail collects there all week (sometimes 2 or 3 weeks, even).
When it becomes a veritable mountain of catalogs, bills and periodicals (about 4 times the size of the stack you see above), that’s when I grab a beverage, snuggle into the couch, and sort it. It takes a full evening or two, because I look at every single piece of mail we get. I flip through all the catalogs. I don’t know why I do that, because I generally don’t buy a single thing from any of them. But the very act of sorting the mail and flipping through the catalogs is incredibly relaxing to me.
Lately, my beverage companion of choice for this task has been International Delight Chai Tea Latte. This ready-to-drink beverage is available in both Vanilla and Caramel, and is amazing served both hot and cold. The soothing chai flavor really brings that coffee house feel home, and makes my tedious mail-sorting task even more relaxing.
Since the International Delight Caramel Chai Tea Latte is so good simply poured into a mug, I knew it could also be the perfect addition to a sweet recipe. I hadn’t made rice pudding since culinary school, but I’m so glad I did last week. Would you believe me if I told you this instantly became one of my favorite blog recipes of all time? There’s not many recipes that I cannot stop eating after I photograph them – I’m pretty cognizant of not spoiling my dinner.
But this rice pudding? Could. not. stop. eating. The spiced flavor of the creamy chai melded into the rice for a perfectly luxurious dessert. I topped it with sweet blueberries and mango for a bit of freshness. I’m convinced that my new favorite relaxing activity might be making rice pudding!
For more recipes and fun, sign up for the International Delight Newsletter.
Caramel Chai Tea Latte Rice Pudding
- 5 cups International Delight Caramel Chai Tea Latte, plus additional if needed
- 1 cup medium-grain white rice
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Place latte and rice in nonstick saucepan; cover and let stand 2 hours.
- Transfer to stove and cook over medium-low heat 30 minutes; do not stir.
- Add sugar and salt; cover and cook over medium-low 35 to 40 minutes or until rice is soft and most liquid has been absorbed, turning rice over and scraping bottom of pan every 10 minutes; do not stir. If mixture gets too thick as it cooks, stir in additional 1/2 cup to 1 cup latte.
- Evenly spread rice on flat serving platter. Serve warm, room temperature or chilled. Divide between 8 bowls and serve topped with diced mango and blueberries.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.