Chocolate Mint Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 box Duncan Hines Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
For the Mint Buttercream:
- 1 container Duncan Hines Creamy Homestyle Buttercream Frosting
- 1/8 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
For the Garnish:
- If you have a lot of time on your hands, you can attempt to make these. Good luck.
- You can also use: Andes Mints, Junior mints, chocolate chips, fresh mint leaves, chocolate sprinkles, or anything else you want!
- Make Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pans with liners. In large bowl, blend eggs, cake mix mix, water, oil and extract at low speed 30 seconds or until moistened. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide into muffin liners.
- Bake 18 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
- Make Mint Buttercream: Put frosting in large bowl. Fold in peppermint extract. Taste and decide whether you want it more minty or not. If you want it more minty, add one drop of extract at a time until you’re satisfied. Fold in food coloring, 2 drops at a time, until frosting is as green as you want it. Garnish as desired
Adapted from Martha Stewart.
All entries in the “Cook The Book” Series:
- Martha Stewart’s Cookies: Iced Hermits, Cream-Filled Chocolate Sandwiches, Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Butter Icing, Chocolate-Ginger Brownies, Pecan Tassies, Gingersnap-Raspberry Sandwiches
- Martha Stewart’s Cooking School: Creme Brulee
- Martha Stewart’s Cupcakes: Chocolate-Salted Caramel Cupcakes, Stout Cupcakes, Triple-Citrus Cupcakes, Blueberries and Cream Cupcakes, Streusel Cupcakes, Raspberry Marble Cheesecakes, Chocolate-Mint Cupcakes, Mocha Cupcakes, Strawberry Cupcakes, Chocolate Chip Cupcakes, Yellow Buttermilk Cupcakes, Mint-Filled Brownie Cupcakes
- Martha Stewart’s Pies & Tarts: Coffee Cream Pie, Chocolate Pear Tart, Strawberry Icebox Pie
- Michael Symon’s Live to Cook: Recipes and Techniques to Rock Your Kitchen: Sweet Corn & Wild Mushroom Soup
- Plenty: Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London’s Ottolenghi: Asparagus Mimosa, Very Full Tart
- Tyler’s Ultimate: Chocolate Banana Bread