How fun is this colorful plate and silverware? You may be confused, thinking “But Lori, you don’t have any kids.” That is correct. But, I do have one adorable “niece” named Laney. She’s my best friend’s daughter, and she’s awesome. She even likes beets, and I had nothing to do with it, I promise. Oh, and she’s a fan of foxes, too.
While I don’t get to see her as often as I would like, she’s always in my heart. That’s why I’m excited to announce that I’m teaming up with Re-Play to bring you a series of Laney-inspired family-friendly meals! Re-Play makes affordable feeding essentials like divided plates, bowls and silverware. Everything is made right here in the USA, and it’s all made from recycled milk jugs! It’s perfect for parents looking to make the planet a better place for their children and future generations. Re-Play products are sold through their online shop as well as Amazon. They can also be found at Whole Foods, Wal-Mart and specialty shops around the country. Adults also love using the products for picnics and road trips!
For my first recipe for this partnership, I’ve created a meal the whole family can enjoy, and feel good about eating. These Loaded Pizza Egg Noodles are chock-full of veggies. They’re just cut up really small, so kids (and picky husbands) will barely even notice them. Just tempt them with words like “pizza,” “pepperoni” and “CHEESE.” It was enough to please my husband, who called himself “a big kid at heart” while eating this meal.
Loaded Pizza Egg Noodles
- 8 ounces broad egg noodles
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 4 ounces pepperoni or ham, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (24 ounces) organic marinara sauce
- 2 cups spinach, finely chopped
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain pasta and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and mushrooms; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pepperoni, basil, oregano and salt; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in marinara sauce, spinach and noodles; cook 2 minutes or until warmed through. Stir in mozzarella. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Disclaimer: This post is part of an ongoing relationship I have with Re-Play for recipe development. Posts like this help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.