It’s no secret that the holidays can be tricky for healthy eating. Cookies and cakes everywhere, cheeseballs, lots of cocktails, the list goes on. I’m always in charge of taking dessert for Christmas Day dinner at my in-law’s house. By that evening, we are so stuffed with holiday goodies that it’s best to tread lightly for dessert. One of my favorite ways to do that is with these Pomegranate, Orange & Gingersnap Parfaits.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 12 gingersnaps, broken into large pieces
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Place mixing bowl and wire beaters or whisk attachment in freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Place cream in mixing bowl; mix on high speed until beaters begin to leave tracks in cream. Add sugar and vanilla; beat on high speed until soft peaks form.
- In 4 small parfait glasses, layer oranges, gingersnaps, whipped cream and pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.