Welcome to the second annual brunch week hosted by Terri of Love and Confections and Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen! Join us May 5th through 11th while we celebrate the deliciousness of brunch and prepare for Mother’s Day and summer brunching season. We have 32 bloggers bringing you their best brunch game, from cocktails to eggs benedict to donuts, there is something for everyone this week. Our amazing sponsors have donated some great prizes for a gigantic giveaway. Please visit them all for more information.
Can I tell you guys about my philosophy on food blogging and photography? I want everything to look as realistic as possible. More specifically, my husband and I (or his co-workers) actually eat all of this food that I make, so I don’t do any weird stuff to it to make it look more appealing to the camera. I refuse to spray cooking spray on a slice of pie to make it shiny. I don’t even use tweezers to garnish, as I don’t want to pluck my eyebrows with cilantro-smelling tweezers. I just make everything as my recipe calls for, try to plate it up as nicely as possible, and hope for the best. Post-processing is minimal, with just a few white balance corrections and exposure edits if necessary. I’m in and out of Lightroom as quickly as possible, to be honest.
So sometimes, I end up with a mauve-colored Cuban milkshake. And in my back of my head, a little voice is going “add food coloring to it!” But an even bigger voice knows that I don’t want to fool anybody. Sure, I could make this a lovely shade of pink with some red food coloring. But what about if you make it at home? You’ll get a mauve-colored drink and know I pulled a fast one on you. And fast ones are no good.
This Raspberry-Mango Batido is mauve. It is the color of the carpeting at your granny’s house. Sure, I could have just scrapped this recipe/blog post completely, but I didn’t want to, because this tastes delicious. It’s a combination of both vanilla frozen yogurt (or ice cream) and raspberry sorbet, blended with chunks of mango and almond milk. It’s fruity, it’s fun, and if there was an official milkshake of a mauve-themed brunch, I think this one would be it.
Have you entered the gigantic #BrunchWeek giveaway yet? There are a TON of great prizes, including brunch ingredients, kitchen equipment and gift baskets. Click here to find out more and enter to win!
Be sure to check out today’s other lovely #BrunchWeek recipes:
Brunch Egg Dishes:
- Spinach Bell Pepper Frittata from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Corn Souffle from Hungry Couple
- Croque Madame Muffins from Cooking in Stilettos
- Fajita Vegetable Quesadillas with Eggs and Avocado Hollandaise from Sarcastic Cooking
- Bacon, Cheddar, Zucchini Quiche from The Kitchen Prep
- Tortilla Espanola from Savvy Eats
Brunch Breads and Grains:
- Blueberry Cornmeal Waffles from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Busy Bee’s Granola from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Dipped Banana Hazelnut Pancake Kebabs from Food Faith Fitness
- Springtime Sweet Rolls from Eat Your Heart Out
- 10 Minute English Muffin Cream Cheese Danish from Neighborfood
- Lemon Poppyseed Scones from Real Housemoms
- Apple Croissants from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fig and Oatmeal Breakfast Bar from My Catholic Kitchen
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
Brunch Fruits, Vegetables, Sides:
- Roasted Beet Salad with Pistachios and Blue Cheese from Healthy. Delicious.
- Caramelized Onion, Apple and Gruyere Bites from Take a Bite out of Boca
- Savory Truffles from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Orange Marmalade Pound Cake from Love and Confections
- Hazelnut-Blackberry Cottage Pudding from The Vintage Cook
- Surprise Inside Orange Pound Cake from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Strawberry Hazelnut Crumble with Coconut Whipped Cream from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Corn Fritter Shortcakes with Maple Whipped Cream from The Spiffy Cookie
Disclosure: California Walnuts, Bob’s Red Mill, OXO, Dixie Crystals, Whole Foods Market Doctor Phillips, Grimmway Farms, Woot Froot, Vidalia Onion, Baloian Farms, Stemilt and Bonne Maman are providing prize for this week’s giveaway free of charge. I was not compensated for writing this post, and all opinions are my own.