Red Curry Chicken Burgers with Grilled Pineapple
Well, it’s August, and I have one major regret. I’ve grilled embarrassingly few burgers this summer. Like, this might only be my second one (and first I’ve blogged about).
So, when the people at WORLDFOODS Fusion of Flavours asked if I wanted to sample some of their products, I had a feeling I would be making a burger.
World Foods offers 51 types of Asian dipping sauces, pastes, noodle sauces, stir-fry, cooking sauces, marinades, chutneys and salad dressings. As an added bonus, they are gluten free, trans fat free, and suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
When they asked me to choose four that I wanted to try (and give away to some of my readers!), I had a heck of a time choosing, but finally settled on Thai “Pad Thai” Noodle Sauce, Indonesian Fried Rice Paste, Thai Green Curry Cooking Sauce and Thai Red Curry Paste.
Upon arrival, I pinky-finger-sampled and enjoyed all of the products, and decided to use the red chile-infused spicy Thai Red Curry Paste to make a (long overdue!) summer burger. I stirred the curry into some ground chicken and threw the patties onto the grill.
At the same time, I grilled some thick slices of juicy pineapple, as well as some pleasantly pungent red onions. Curry chicken burgers wouldn’t be complete without a special sauce, so I jazzed up some mayonnaise with lime juice and zest, which added a tangy creaminess to the sandwiches.
Apparently, I already had Christmas on the brain, because I didn’t stop at just RED curry. I shredded up some fresh veggies (carrots, yellow bell pepper and zucchini), and stirred in a few spoonfuls of creamy coconut-infused Thai GREEN Curry Cooking Sauce for a three-minute slaw to serve alongside the burgers.
Green and Red Curry? It’s like Santa brought me this dinner….ho ho ho!
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste from WORLDFOODS Fusion of Flavours
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced into 4 thick slices
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cored and sliced into 1-inch-thick slices
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In small bowl, stir together lime juice and zest, and mayonnaise. In medium bowl, combine chicken and curry paste. Form into 4 patties, making sure not to over-work the meat mixture.
- Spray both sides of chicken patties, onion and pineapple with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer patties, onion and pineapple to hot grill rack. Cook onion and pineapple for 4 to 6 minutes or until dark grill marks appear, turning once; transfer onion and pineapple to plate as they finish cooking. Cook burgers for 6 to 8 minutes, or until internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached, turning once.
- Assemble burgers using hamburger buns, chicken patties, grilled onion and pineapple, and lime mayonnaise.
This post was written by me on behalf of WORLDFOODS Fusion of Flavours, in exchange for a sponsorship ad on the sidebar of this blog. I also received product samples for the purpose of review. Sponsorships help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.