My fridge has been so weird lately. Like, when you open the doors, it looks really full, but if you really dive in, you’ll discover it’s 50% blood oranges, 10% lime sparking water, 10% cocktail mixers and beer, 20% cheese and 10% other food. The challenge becomes combining the 10% other food into something that resembles a meal and is still completely delicious and satisfying. It’s like a personal version of Chopped. Competitors, open your baskets . . .
In your baskets, we have: Wheat toast. La Terra Fina Spinach & Parmesan Dip made with Greek Yogurt. Eggs. Pancetta. And chives. Go!
I’m always down for anything involved a runny egg, so using this basket of mystery ingredients, I would make this Spinach and Parmesan Toast with Pancetta & Egg every single time. Simply throw some wheat bread in the toaster, and microwave the dip to warm it slightly. Fry up some pancetta (Italian bacon; feel free to sub good ol’ American bacon), and then some eggs. Sprinkle with chives and paprika. Insert fork.
La Terra Fina Spinach & Parmesan Dip made with Greek Yogurt is almost always in my fridge for snacking and meals. It’s amazing served warm or cold; as a dip for crackers or vegetables, or as a spread on a sandwich. This dip is gluten free, trans fat free, and contains no artificial colors, flavors or preseratives. As it’s made with Greek yogurt, it has 50% less fat and 45% fewer calories than classic dip. To find out more about La Terra Fina, be sure to connect with them on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Spinach and Parmesan Toast with Pancetta & Egg
- 1 slice pancetta
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons La Terra Fina Spinach & Parmesan Dip & Spread
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, toasted
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish (optional)
- Paprika, for garnish (optional)
- In small nonstick skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp, turning once. Transfer pancetta to small plate and return skillet to heat.
- Crack egg into skillet and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until white is cooked through but yolk is still soft.
- Meanwhile, place dip in small microwave-safe bowl and microwave 30 seconds.
- Place toast on plate and spread with dip. Top with egg and pancetta. Sprinkle with chives and paprika, if desired. Serve immediately.
Home Chef Tip: Add your pancetta to a cold pan, and THEN turn on the heat. The fat renders slowly this way, leading to super crispy pancetta!
Disclosure: As a Food Lovers ambassador, this post was sponsored by La Terra Fina. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.