Is it weird that I’m already looking forward to January? Sure, it’s my birthday month, but more so than that – it’s the best snackin’ month of the year! There’s New Years Day (great snacking and football day) and the Super Bowl (same deal) (OK, the Super Bowl is technically a few days into February, but who’s keeping track?).
You may recognize these cute little wonton cups from when I made variations of them for a cocktail hour and a sangria party. Ever since Angela from Joyously Domestic turned me on to their charms and endless possibilities, my love for wonton cups has been, well, endless.
These chicken, mango & avocado wonton cups couldn’t be simpler – just layer in chunks of chicken, chopped sweet mango, luscious avocado and sweet corn. Drizzle with a creamy homemade herb dressing or use your favorite bottled ranch dressing. Bring on snackin’ season!
For the Wonton Cups:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 20 (4-1/2-inch square) wonton wrappers
For the Creamy Herb Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
For the Filling:
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 standard muffin tins with cooking spray. Press wonton wrappers into muffin cups, taking care to press against bottom and sides of cups. Lightly spray wrappers with additional cooking spray.
- Bake 8 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove wonton cups from muffin pan and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before filling.
- Meanwhile, make the Creamy Herb Sauce: In small bowl, stir together all ingredients.
- Fill wonton cups with layers of avocado, chicken, mango and corn. Drizzle with Creamy Herb Sauce.