Feta Salad Shooters
People often ask me what my favorite “kind of food” is. I think they’re expecting me to say “Mexican” or “Italian,” but I always emphatically answer “PARTY FOOD!” For me, it is a whole category of food. I don’t just mean potato chips casually thrown in a plastic bowl, or hot dogs on the grill (although both of those things are good, too). I mean special bites, presented in a lovely manner that make a party feel truly special. Sometimes, I’m positive that I was a wedding caterer in another life.
I’ve found that often, the most popular bites at a party are the ones with the simplest flavors. Those that take just a few in-season ingredients, combine them in the best way possible, and present them in a beautiful package. There’s nothing complicated at all about making a feta salad shooter like this one. At it’s core, it’s just layers of crunchy cucumber, creamy and tangy Président® crumbled feta cheese, and fresh tomato tossed with a little vinaigrette and basil. That’s it. It’s a salad, but an artful salad.
The folks at Président® have the same philosophy as I do when it comes to party food. They are experts when it comes to cheese, and their website is full of simple yet sophisticated recipe ideas for a cheese party, like Feta Skewers and Brie on Garlic Bread. Their high-quality cheeses will enhance anything you choose to make. Embrace “the art of cheese” at your next gathering, and enjoy the compliments!
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 container (6 ounces) Président® plain crumbled feta cheese
- In liquid measuring cup, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly drizzle in oil until all oil is incorporated.
- Place cucumber in one small bowl; place tomatoes and basil in second small bowl. Divide vinaigrette between cucumber and tomato bowls; stir both mixtures, separately, until well combined.
- In sixteen (2-ounce) shooter glasses, layer cucumber mixture, cheese and tomato mixture. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Président® Cheese
Disclosure: Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food writing. All opinions are 100% my own.