Flank Steak Tostadas #WeekdaySupper
Flank Steak Tostadas
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 corn tortillas
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound flank steak, marinated overnight using a half-batch of this Alton Brown recipe
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained (reserve 1-1/2 tablespoons liquid from can)
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños
- 2 cups shredded iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 cup guacamole, prepared using your favorite recipe
- Hot sauce
- Lime wedges, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray both sides of tortillas with cooking spray; place on rimmed baking pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until very crispy, turning once.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Grill steak 8 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees F for medium-rare, flipping once halfway through cooking. Transfer to plate; let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place beans and their liquid, and jalapeños in food processor; process until smooth. Microwave bean mixture 60 seconds or until hot.
Making one of my recipes? Please let me know by sharing a photo on my Facebook page, or uploading to Instagram or Twitter with the tag #foxeslovelemons. It would make my day!
Make sure you check out this week’s other easy #WeekdaySupper recipes!