Mad Men is finally back on TV, and there’s nothing like tuning in with an Old Fashioned in your hand. While this cocktail is traditionally made with a sugar cube, I’ve been known to substitute everything from honey to agave nectar to maple syrup.
Don Draper might not approve, but um, he’s not really the best person, so I don’t care if he approves! I don’t approve of a lot of stuff he’s done!
The March edition of Mitten Crate included a variety of interesting Michigan-made products:
- JJ Lomonaco Sicilian Cookies
- Herkner’s Original Fruit Toppings Cherry Topping
- Feel Natural Energy Raspberry Lemonade
- Erg! Energy Lemon Blueberry Fruit & Nut Bar
- Eli Tea Green Green Ginger Tea
- Michigan’s Finest Honey Honey Straws
The honey straws will be working themselves into my cocktails (and Greek yogurt) for the near future! Zou bisou bisou 😉