These Caramel Apple Pie Moscow Mules are atwist on a classic will take you from summer right into fall. All the best flavors of an apple pie (and caramel!) are added to an ice cold vodka cocktail.
1 cinnamon stick 1 whole nutmeg seed 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1/2 cup water For EACH Caramel Apple Pie Moscow Mule:
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 whole nutmeg seed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
1-1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) caramel vodka 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) Spiced Simple Syrup 6 ounces (3/4 cup) apple cider 2 ounces (1/4 cup) light ginger beer
- 1-1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) caramel vodka
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) Spiced Simple Syrup
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) apple cider
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) light ginger beer
- Make Spiced Simple Syrup: In small saucepan, combine cinnamon stick, nutmeg seed, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Remove and discard cinnamon stick and nutmeg seed.Transfer syrup to jar or container and refrigerate until completely cool. Syrup can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 6 ounces syrup (enough for 12 cocktails).
- To make EACH Caramel Apple Pie Moscow Mule: Place vodka and 1/2 ounce simple syrup in copper mug; stir until well combined. Add cider and ginger beer. Fill remainder of mug with ice; stir until well combined. Serve garnished with fresh apple slices and cinnamon stick.
Home Chef Tip: Don't have a cinnamon stick and whole nutmeg seed? 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg can be substituted in the simple syrup.
Disclosure: This was a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Michigan Apple Committee. Posts like this help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.