These Caramel Apple Pie Moscow Mules are atwist on a classic will take you from summer right into fall. All the best flavors of an apple pie (and caramel!) are added to an ice cold vodka cocktail.
Psst – if you’re a caramel lover like me, you won’t want to miss my homemade caramel coffee. It’s a fancy coffeehouse drink made at home.
For the Spiced Simple Syrup:
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 whole nutmeg seed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
For EACH Caramel Apple Pie Moscow Mule:
- 1-1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) caramel vodka
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) Spiced Simple Syrup
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) apple cider
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) light ginger beer
- Make Spiced Simple Syrup: In small saucepan, combine cinnamon stick, nutmeg seed, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Remove and discard cinnamon stick and nutmeg seed.
- Transfer syrup to jar or container and refrigerate until completely cool. Syrup can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 6 ounces syrup (enough for 12 cocktails).
- To make EACH Caramel Apple Pie Moscow Mule: Place vodka and 1/2 ounce simple syrup in copper mug; stir until well combined. Add cider and ginger beer. Fill remainder of mug with ice; stir until well combined. Serve garnished with fresh apple slices and cinnamon stick.
Home Chef Tip: Don't have a cinnamon stick and whole nutmeg seed? 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg can be substituted in the simple syrup.