- 2-1/4 cups less-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups Israeli (pearl) couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke quarters, drained
- 1 pound 26-30 count peeled and deveined shrimp, tails removed, patted dry
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In medium saucepot, bring broth to boil over medium-high heat. Stir in couscous. Reduce heat to medium; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until couscous is tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallot; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add artichokes, shrimp, black pepper and red pepper flakes; cook until shrimp turn opaque throughout, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, dill, parsley and couscous; toss until well combined. Serve in warm bowls garnished with cheese.