Crystal Blue Persuasion Cocktail #BreakingBadFinale
No week of recipes celebrating the versatility of the Vitamix would be complete without a frozen blended cocktail. And since there’s nothing on my brain this week more than Breaking Bad (seriously, just trying to kill time until Sunday at this point), I had to make a drink reminiscent of Heisenberg’s blue product.
This cocktail primarily tastes like a jazzed-up frozen margarita (cue the awkward White-Schrader couples dinner date at the Mexican restaurant). I dipped into the stash of tequila my husband brought back from numerous work trips to Mexico (at least, the stash I hadn’t already used to make lemon margaritas).
I added a splash of pineapple juice, as well as some blue Hypnotiq for more fruity flavor (and a touch of blue color, although I also added a smidge of food coloring to really make it blue). Knowing that my Vitamix makes quick work of ice cubes, a cup of ice was pulverized in no time, and I had a frothy, perfectly blended cocktail.
While I don’t think the ending of Breaking Bad will involve any characters celebrating with a frozen beverage (seriously, which characters are even going to be alive at the end?), I’ll be sipping this crystal blue persuasion cocktail on Sunday night. While clenching my jaw and sitting on the edge of my seat.
- 1 shot (1.5 ounces) Hynotiq or other blue liqueur
- 1 shot (1.5 ounces) pineapple juice
- 1 shot (1.5 ounces) tequila blanco
- Blue food coloring (add a few drops at a time until your desired level of blueness is reached)
- Blue sanding sugar (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Serve in chilled glass, rimmed with sanding sugar, if desired.