Chicken, Mango & Avocado Wonton Cups
Is it weird that I’m already looking forward to January? Sure, it’s my birthday month, but more so than that – it’s the best snackin’ month of the year! There’s New Years Day (great snacking and football day) and the Super Bowl (same deal) (OK, the Super Bowl is technically a few days into February, but who’s keeping track?).
You may recognize these cute little wonton cups from when I made variations of them for a cocktail hour and a sangria party. Ever since Angela from Joyously Domestic turned me on to their charms and endless possibilities, my love for wonton cups has been, well, endless. These chicken, mango & avocado wonton cups couldn’t be simpler – just layer in chunks of chicken, chopped sweet mango, luscious avocado and sweet corn. Drizzle with a creamy homemade herb dressing or use your favorite bottled ranch dressing. Bring on snackin’ season!
- For the Wonton Cups:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 20 (4-1/2-inch square) wonton wrappers
- For the Creamy Herb Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- For the Filling:
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 standard muffin tins with cooking spray. Press wonton wrappers into muffin cups, taking care to press against bottom and sides of cups. Lightly spray wrappers with additional cooking spray.
- Bake 8 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove wonton cups from muffin pan and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before filling.
- Meanwhile, make the Creamy Herb Sauce: In small bowl, stir together all ingredients.
- Fill wonton cups with layers of avocado, chicken, mango and corn. Drizzle with Creamy Herb Sauce.
Need even more snacks for the best snackin’ season of the year? If so, you may want to give Naturebox a try. Click here and use the code “FOXES10″ at checkout to receive $10 off your first box!