This light but lush Raspberry Trifle is the semi-homemade five minute Valentine’s dessert you crave after a decadent meal. This four ingredient treat will steal the hearts of non-chocolate lovers.
This Raspberry Trifle Recipe can be such a fun Valentine’s Day Dessert!
If you like to stay home and make a special meal for Valentine’s Day, you’re not alone. My husband and I skip the restaurant meal and enjoy cooking dinner together.
But with full-time jobs, a kid, and a holiday that always seems to fall on a weekday, we don’t always have energy to make dinner AND a from-scratch dessert.
This Raspberry Trifle recipe is my very favorite semi-homemade Valentine’s Dessert. We use ALL the help from the store on this one. Seriously, cruise through the aisles and pick up four things, and you’re done.
But come home and put together those four store-bought items in a smart and cute way, and you’re bound to steal your Valentine’s heart.
Why you’ll love this Raspberry Parfait Recipe
- It’s a lush, heavenly dessert that literally comes together in 5 minutes or less.
- It’s a festive Valentine offering for non chocolate lovers.
- So easy to scale down to make 1 serving, or up to to make as many servings as you need.
Raspberry Parfait ingredients
- raspberry or strawberry jam or preserves – store-bought is perfect for this easy Valentine dessert, of course!
- fresh raspberries – chopped strawberries work, too.
- angel food cake – you can make it yourself, but just about any grocery store or bakery sells it.
- whipped cream – buy the kind in the can, Cool Whip, or make small batch homemade whipped cream for this Valentine’s dessert.
- fresh mint leaves – optional, but adds a colorful garnish to this Valentine’s Day dessert, if you want.
How to make Raspberry Trifle
1. SOFTEN. Place the jam in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it 10 to 15 seconds or until it just begins to soften.
2. CAKE. Grab two glasses and place a layer of cake in the bottom of each glass.
3. FRUIT. Add a layer of raspberries to each glass.
4. JAM. Add 1/4 of of the softened jam to each glass.
5. CREAM. Add 1/4 of the whipped cream to each glass.
6. REPEAT. Repeat the layers one more time.
Valentine’s Dessert Home Chef Tips
- I like the rustic look of this Valentine dessert, but for neater assembly, you can place the jam and whipped cream in piping bags and pipe into the glasses.
- Experiment with different textures by adding chopped nuts, chopped chocolate, or granola between the layers.
- For a boozy twist, drizzle a bit of raspberry liqueur over the cake layers in this raspberry parfait recipe.
How to serve this Valentine Dessert
Present your raspberry trifles with flair by topping each glass with any leftover cake crumbs, a raspberry, and a mint leaf, if desired.
Raspberry Trifle storage
These raspberry parfaits can be served immediately, or made ahead and stored in the fridge for a few hours.
Homemade and canned whipped cream will not last as long as Cool Whip, so don’t make them too far in advance.
Store any leftover assembled Valentine desserts in the fridge for up to 1 day.
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam or preserves
- 2 (two-inch thick) slices vanilla angel food cake, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 container (6 ounces) fresh raspberries, rinsed and dried
- 2 cups prepared whipped cream
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Place jam in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 10 to 15 seconds or until jam just begins to soften.
- Place a layer of cake cubes in the bottom of each of two (13 ounce or larger) stemless wine glasses. Add a layer of raspberries to each glass, then layer 1/4 of the jam over the raspberries in each glass. Layer 1/4 of the whipped cream over the jam in each glass.
- Repeat the layers one more time. Serve garnished with any leftover cake crumbs, a raspberry, and mint leaves, if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 1 hour before serving.
Foxes Love Lemons, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 6gSugar: 23gProtein: 5g
This website provides estimated nutrition information as a courtesy only. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.