Looking for a light Valentine’s Day dessert after a decadent meal? These five minute shooters are a simple, fresh and sweet treat for your Valentine!
When it comes to Valentine’s Day, Jeff and I don’t take it too seriously. We *maybe* get each other cards, if we remember. But if somebody forgets, there’s no hard feelings. We also usually avoid restaurant meals, figuring we can go out to eat (and get better service and not a stupid prix fixe menu) any other day of the year.
These Light Valentine’s Day dessert shooters are perfect for two or two dozen.
I like to keep dessert stupidly simple. Something that takes five minutes or less is right in my wheelhouse. These cute and festive Five Minute Valentine’s Day Dessert Shooters are perfect for a party of two, or two dozen. Just make as many as you need, and you’re all set.
The ingredients for this quick valentine’s day dessert recipe are available at any grocery store:
- raspberry or strawberry jam
- angel food cake
- fresh raspberries
- whipped cream
- fresh mint leaves (optional)
P.S. Want a slightly-more-complicated but totally-worth-it dessert to impress your Valentine? Try these Valentine’s Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches.
- 2 tablespoons raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1 slice vanilla angel food cake, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- 4 mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
1. In four (2-ounce) shooter glasses, layer jam, cake, raspberries and whipped cream. Garnish with mint leaves, if desired, and serve immediately.
Foxes Love Lemons, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
More Valentine’s Day Recipes:
- Valentine’s Day Dessert Board – this epic board is fit for a crowd!
- Grapefruit Crème Brûlée – a classic sweet treat made with fresh seasonal fruit.
- Lemon & Raspberry Cake for Two – a cute little cake for a couple.
- Blood Orange Sangria – no special dinner is complete without a cocktail.
- Cannoli Strawberries – another super quick Valentine’s Day dessert recipe.
- Valentine’s Day Popcorn from Mom Foodie
- Strawberry Champagne Cookies from Kitchen Fun With My Three Sons