When it comes to Valentine’s Day, Jeff and I don’t take it too seriously. We *maybe* get each other cards, if we remember. But if somebody forgets, there’s no hard feelings. We also usually avoid restaurant meals, figuring we can go out to eat (and get better service and not a stupid prix fixe menu) any other day of the year.
We usually just consider the day an excuse to cook something more delicious (and maybe more expensive) for dinner than usual, like an awesome steak or sea scallops. Or sometimes even just a board filled with Valentine’s Day Snacks.
I like to keep dessert stupidly simple. Something that takes five minutes or less is right in my wheelhouse. These cute and festive Five Minute Valentine’s Day Dessert Shooters are perfect for a party of two, or two dozen. Just make as many as you need, and you’re all set.
P.S. Want a slightly-more-complicated but totally-worth-it dessert to impress your Valentine? Try these Valentine’s Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches.
- 2 tablespoons raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1 slice vanilla angel food cake, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- 4 mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
1. In four (2-ounce) shooter glasses, layer jam, cake, raspberries and whipped cream. Garnish with mint leaves, if desired, and serve immediately.