Meal preppers, listen up: all of the ingredients for this Turkey Egg Roll Salad can be chopped and prepped in advance. When you’re ready to eat, dinner can be on the table in less than five minutes!
Sad update on the Chinese food takeout situation in my neighborhood: The owner of our favorite place did indeed pass away, and we all miss her terribly. China Ruby is now closed for good, and we haven’t been able to find any takeout place that holds a candle to it. Sure, there are places a 20 – 30 minute drive away that are supposed to be great, but who wants to drive that far for takeout?
You never really realize how much you take Chinese takeout for granted until it’s no longer an option. These days, I’m making do with incorporating Asian flavors into my homemade meals, like I did in this Turkey Egg Roll Salad. It’s no match for Ruby’s amazing egg rolls, but it IS much healthier, so there’s that.
About this Turkey Egg Roll Salad recipe:
With the busy back-to-school season in full swing, I know a lot of you are looking for easy meals that ideally, can be prepped in advance. I’ve got you covered! You can prep all of the components of this salad in advance – make the vinaigrette and dressing, and cut up the veggies and turkey. Store it all separately in the fridge, and when you’re ready to eat, just toss it all together and do the finishing touches in Step 3. Dinner can be on the table in less than 5 minutes if you’ve prepped in advance!
My friends at JENNIE-O® have a new product that is perfect for this salad – Sweet Thai Chili Turkey Breast. It’s all natural, it’s pre-seasoned, it’s free of artificial ingredients, and most importantly – it’s so tasty! If you’ve ever had Thai sweet chili sauce, you’ll recognize that balance of spicy and sweet on the outside of this turkey. It worked out great for this salad, and I love it in wraps and sandwiches, too.
For the Hot Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese hot mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Creamy Sweet Chili Dressing:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
For the Salad:
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 8 ounces JENNIE-O Sweet Thai Chili Turkey Breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup wonton strips
- Make the Hot Mustard Vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sesame oil, mustard, soy sauce and sugar. While whisking, slowly drizzle in olive oil until all oil is incorporated.
- Make the Creamy Sweet Chili Dressing: In small bowl, stir mayonnaise and chili sauce until well combined.
- Make the Salad: Place onions, bell pepper, Napa cabbage, red cabbage and carrots in large bowl. Add Hot Mustard Vinaigrette; toss until well combined. Divide salad between 4 serving bowls or plates; top with turkey and wonton strips. Drizzle with Creamy Sweet Chili Dressing and serve immediately.
Home Chef Tip: Ask for JENNIE-O Sweet Thai Chili Turkey Breast at the deli section of your grocery store. Ask for 8 ounces of turkey, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Then, cut into cubes at home.
More great sweet thai chili recipes:
- Banh Mi Nachos – an Asian twist on a party classic
- Honey Grilled Pork Banh Mi – fire up the grill for this one!
- Baked Coconut Shrimp with Creamy Sweet Chili Sauce – serve as an appetizer or main
- Asian Shrimp Wonton Cups – a really fun party bite!
- Sweet Chili Mac and Cheese Shells from Homemade In The Kitchen
- Thai Sweet Chili Turkey Lettuce Wraps from Cooking Made Healthy
Disclosure: As a member of the Jennie-O Switch Circle, this was a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Jennie-O. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.