Grilled Peaches with Vanilla-Cinnamon Glaze #TakeBackVanilla #CGC

Grilled Peaches with Vanilla-Cinnamon Glaze - A simple but stunning summer dessert that comes together in less than 10 minutes. | foxeslovelemons.com

When it comes to summer desserts, there’s only a few options in my household 1.) Ice Cream, 2.) Another Flavor of Ice Cream, 3.) Third Time’s The Charm For This Ice Cream Idea, or 4.) Something Grilled. Our obsession with an all-foods-must-be-grilled lifestyle in the summer means that if we want a sweet treat that’s NOT ice cream, grilled fruit is likely what we’re going to choose. Stone fruits like peaches and plums are a few of my favorites.

While grilled peaches are nice topped with even more ice cream, another option is to make a quick glaze akin to what you would top a cinnamon roll with. If you have some fresh mint around, even better.

Speaking of that glaze: If you’re using “vanilla” as a synonym for “boring,” you’re using it wrong. In fact, vanilla is a classic flavor with over 170 notes, so it’s anything but boring to me! It’s time to take back vanilla with Coffee-mate Classic Vanilla and French Vanilla. The subtle flavors and aromas are, of course, the perfect complement to the boldness of coffee. They’re also convenient for quick and easy summer dessert recipes like this one. Click here to locate Coffee-mate in a store near you, and visit Coffee-mate for more delicious recipes!

Grilled Peaches with Vanilla-Cinnamon Glaze

Cook Time: 5 minutes

• 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons Coffee-mate French Vanilla or Classic Vanilla
  • Pinch of cinnamon
  • 4 peaches, halved and pitted
  • Chopped fresh mint, for garnish

1. Preheat grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, Coffee-mate and cinnamon.
  2. Transfer peaches to grill and cook, covered, 5 to 7 minutes or until softened and lightly charred. Serve drizzled with glaze and sprinkled with mint.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

12 Responses to “Grilled Peaches with Vanilla-Cinnamon Glaze #TakeBackVanilla #CGC”

1. Gourmet Getaways — July 10, 2014 at 9:28 am

A nice twist to one of my fave fruits – peaches!!! Love the grill stripes on them, too!

Julie
    Gourmet Getaways

• Lori Yates replied: — July 11th, 2014 @ 2:14 pm

Thanks so much, Julie! I agree – I love grill marks on everything :)

2. Jennifer B. — July 10, 2014 at 11:57 am

Beautiful! And the perfect seasons for fantastic peaches, too!

• Lori Yates replied: — July 11th, 2014 @ 2:15 pm

Thanks, Jen! I love the summer, when all the fruit is in season :)

3. Mary Frances — July 10, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Lori these look beautiful! What a great use of summer fruit!

• Lori Yates replied: — July 11th, 2014 @ 2:15 pm

Thanks so much, Mary!

4. Deb@ Cooking on the Front Burner — July 10, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I love how easy that glaze is and never would of thought to make creamer into a glaze… and of course grilled peaches are the best!  Love your new look too Lori!!  Hope you are enjoying your summer!

• Lori Yates replied: — July 11th, 2014 @ 2:16 pm

Thanks so much, Deb! I realized a few years ago that creamer works in glaze, when I realized I was out of milk and too lazy to run to the store :) I’ve been doing it ever since! I hope you’re having a great summer, too!

5. dina — July 14, 2014 at 1:50 pm

i haven’t had grilled peaches. they look like a great snack!

• Lori Yates replied: — July 15th, 2014 @ 9:23 am

Thanks, Dina! The great thing about grilled fruit is that if you’re not sure you’ll like it, you can try just one piece of fruit (or even a half!). Not too big of a commitment to see if you like it grilled :)

6. Jeni — July 16, 2014 at 8:11 pm

I can’t get enough grilled peaches! One of my favorite summer treats!

• Lori Yates replied: — July 16th, 2014 @ 8:58 pm

I think I like them even better than “raw” peaches, Jeni! I’ve never been a big fan of the peach fuzz on the outside, but I think grilling cooks a little of that fuzz off or something ;)