However, anything involving the frozen banana stand is my favorite bit of the show. Sadly, I don’t have a banana stand lined with hundred dollar bills, but I do have a bunch of chocolate chips and some frozen banana chunks. I’d been wanting to make my very own frozen chocolate banana bites for pretty much as long as I’ve been watching AD, and I finally crossed it off my bucket list. They’re the perfect treat to eat while you’re on a TV-watching binge being a productive member of society.
- 16 small bamboo skewers or forks
- 4 ripe but firm bananas, peeled and cut crosswise into 4 pieces each
- 1 cup of toppings, such as Naturebox Cherry Ganache Granola, coconut, sprinkles and/or chopped cashews
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Insert a skewer into the end of each banana. Place on a parchment-lined baking pan and place in freezer at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Place each topping in its own shallow bowl or plate. Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. Pour some melted chocolate into a short glass or cup.
- One at a time, dip frozen bananas into chocolate, turning to coat and letting excess chocolate drip off. Immediately sprinkle with toppings, lightly pressing to adhere if necessary. Refill glass with more melted chocolate as needed.
- Place bananas back on baking pan, and re-freeze for at least 1 hour. Store in freezer for up to 4 days.
Disclaimer: This post is part of an ongoing relationship I have with NatureBox for recipe development. Posts like this help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.