Do you ever feel like Thanksgiving is basically just carbs on top of carbs on top of meat? I mean, don’t get me wrong . . . I think that’s kind of what we love about this meal so much. On no other day of the year will you find me eating meat with a side of potato, a different kind of potato, bread and even more bread. But my taste buds need and crave some fresh veggies and fruits to break up all of the carb-riffic action.
These Sautéed Green Beans with Tomatoes & Crispy Parmesan are a welcome addition to my table, as the crunch of the green beans and the acidity of the tomatoes adds a nice balanced flavor on my plate. Oh, and don’t even think about forgetting the crispy Parmigiano Reggiano. These Parmesan cheese “fricos” (as they are usually called) couldn’t be an easier to make, but will make your guests think you are a gourmet chef.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 package (10.5 ounces) grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- Pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Drop cheese by tablespoonful onto prepared pan, 3 inches apart. Gently tap down mounds of cheese to spread slightly. Transfer to oven and bake 9 minutes or until crisp. Transfer pan to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in large high-sided skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add green beans, tomatoes, water, salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until beans are tender-crisp and tomatoes begin to burst. Transfer mixture to serving dish and top with slightly crumbled Parmesan crisps.
Epic Thanksgiving Recipe Schedule:
- Sunday, October 30th: Epic Thanksgiving Overview
- Monday, October 31st: Apple, Bacon + Fennel Stuffing
- Thursday, November 3rd: Aged Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- Monday, November 7th: Cajun Turkey with Orange-Oregano Gravy
- Monday, November 14th: Sautéed Green Beans with Tomatoes + Crispy Parmesan
- Thursday, November 17th: Hard Cider Cranberry Sauce
- Sunday, November 20th: Cocktail Hour! Roasted Campari Bloody Mary
Other Thanksgiving Ideas:
- Crockpot Green Bean Casserole
- Cranberry-Vanilla Gin Spritzer
- Autumn Cheese Board
- Butternut Squash and Pomegranate Crostini with Whipped Feta & Honey
- Roasted Turkey with Bourbon Apricot Glaze
- Fruit & Nut Brussels Sprout Slaw
- Corn Casserole with Cheese
- Lemon & Maple Glazed Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Autumn Celebration Rice Salad
- Roasted Acorn Squash with Pomegranate & Parsley
- Spiced Sweet Potato Rolls with Bourbon Honey Butter
Use Those Leftovers:
- Thanksgiving Leftover Waffles
- Turkey & Gnocchi Arrabiata Soup
- Use up leftover mashed potatoes in a loaded mashed potato bake casserole!
Making one of these recipes? Please let me know by sharing a photo on social media with the hashtag #FLLEpicThanksgiving!
I’m so thankful for each and every person that stops by this blog, whether it’s once in awhile or every day. This little corner of the internet has allowed me to change my life and create a career path for myself that brings me so much joy. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Disclosure: This was a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Parmigiano Reggiano. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.