Hi hi hi! I made us another epic cheese board. I’ve been absolutely obsessed with early fall produce lately. It’s not quite time for fall squash and pumpkin yet, but it IS time for figs and concord grapes! If you’ve never tried a fresh fig before, I would recommend you hightail it to your local fig purveyor, buy yourself one, and give it a try. I used to think I hated figs, but that was probably because I had one bad fig, one time. The figs this year (they’re in season right now!) are awesome, and they’re my temporary favorite food until further notice. If you do indeed decide that you like figs, Step 2 would be to make a batch of my Ginger Pickled Figs. And then build an autumn cheese board, like so:
- Ginger Pickled Figs (recipe below)
- Concord Grapes (these are what they make grape jelly with – try them!)
- Marcona almonds
- Dried cranberries
- Sliced apples
- Honey or honeycomb OR BOTH
- Whole grain mustard – I forgot to include that in this photo, but I don’t want you to forget.
- Dried breadsticks
- Apple cider jam – my husband (the jam fanatic) ordered this here. Apple butter works, too!
- Aged cheese, like aged extra sharp Cheddar
- Soft cheese, like goat cheese
- Blue cheese
- Interesting random cheese, like the Wensleydale cheese with cranberries I used here.