Disclosure: These Beer Brats with Beer Queso were created by me on behalf Johnsonville® as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own. #SausageFamily
I seriously cannot believe August is already here. I feel like I’ve spent my entire summer house hunting, getting ready to move, moving, getting our old house ready to sell, and selling. Now that we are f-i-n-a-l-l-y offically moved in and unpacked, I’m planning to spend the month of August savoring all of the fun summer things I haven’t done enough of yet this year. Bike rides. Dog walks. A picnic. And of course, lots of grilling out and spending time on our new patio.
Bratsgiving Day is August 16th – a day to whip up some delicious grilled brat recipes for your friends! I really recommend Johnsonville® Beer n’ Bratwurst for your celebration. They are a delicious combination of the classic flavor of Johnsonville® sausage and the rich taste of beer. To add even more beer flavor, I whipped up quick beer queso using sharp cheddar cheese and a local brew. And naturally, I served these brats with . . . beer!
Beer Brats with Beer Queso
- 1 package Johnsonville® Beer n' Bratwurst
- 1/4 cup lager-style beer
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 soft pretzel sausage buns
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- Grill bratwurst according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together beer, cornstarch, salt, garlic powder and cayenne. In medium saucepot, heat milk over medium-high heat until just before boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and add cheese and beer mixture; whisk vigorously until smooth.
- To serve, place bratwurst in buns and top with queso and sliced jalapenos, if desired.