Buffalo Chicken Salad with Ranch Cottage Cheese
Buffalo chicken salad is one of those dishes that I hope never falls out of favor on restaurant menus. With the tangy/spicy chicken, the crunchy vegetables, and the creamy ranch dressing, it’s just a perfect combination of flavors and textures. It’s not, however, always the smartest nutritional choice. Today, I’ve decided to take this restaurant favorite and give it a little makeover with this quick, easy and healthier version – Buffalo Chicken Salad with Ranch Cottage Cheese.
That’s right, I subbed out the traditional ranch dressing for ranch-flavored cottage cheese. I know. But trust me, it’s awesome. Friendship Dairies cottage cheese is the Original Superfood, and it subs in for the dressing as a creamy “condiment” of sorts. Not only does it lend great flavor to the dish, but the protein-rich cottage cheese (15g per serving) is a good source of long-lasting energy. If you’re a fan of cottage cheese like I am, you’ll also love my recipe for lasagna with cottage cheese.
FriendshipDairies.com is the destination for cottage cheese creativity. With a ton of new mix-in and smoothie recipes, as well as the Superfood Generator, you can say goodbye to healthy-but-boring meals. With the Superfood Generator you can create endless delicious combinations of cottage cheese and mix-ins, choosing from categories like crunchy, veggie and herbs & spice (or select a food based on its benefit, like antioxidant, potassium or fiber).
- 1 container (16 ounces) Friendship Dairies cottage cheese
- 1 packet (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
- 2 small chicken breasts, grilled or roasted, chopped
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- In medium bowl, stir together cottage cheese and ranch mix until well combined.
- In separate medium bowl, toss chicken and buffalo sauce until well combined.
- Divide lettuce between 4 plates and top with carrots, celery, tomatoes, cottage cheese and chicken.