These Walnut Stuffed Baked Apples are an easy fall treat for a crowd, or a weeknight dessert recipe for one or two.
The ingredients for these Walnut Stuffed Baked Apples are easy to find:
- brown sugar
- orange juice
Can Stuffed Baked Apples be frozen?
I wouldn’t recommend freezing them. I think the texture will suffer and they might not turn out as well as you would like them to. If you’d like to save time, I would recommend preparing the mixture in Step 1 and keeping it in the fridge. Then, on the day you want to serve these, proceeding with the rest of the steps.
How long to bake Stuffed Baked Apples?
It will depend on the size of your apples (the larger the apple, the longer it will take to bake), but 30 to 40 minutes at 375 degrees F seems to be the right baking time for most large size (not lunchbox size) apples.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large Gala apples
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In small bowl, stir together brown sugar, walnuts, raisins, butter, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- Slice 1/2 inch off top of each apple. Using melon baller or small spoon, scoop out center and seeds of each apple.
- Arrange apples, cavity side up, in small baking dish. Fill apples with walnut mixture, mounding mixture on top of apples if necessary. Pour orange juice around apples.
- Transfer to oven and bake 30 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender. Spoon juices remaining in dish over apples and serve warm.
Foxes Love Lemons, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 12mg Carbohydrates: 63g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 52g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g
MORE GREAT APPLE RECIPES:
- Cheesy Apple & Bacon Phyllo Cup Appetizers – a modern take on cheese and crackers.
- Bourbon Apple Cider Punch – great for a tailgate!
- Skillet Pork Chops with Apple Gnocchi Saute – a restaurant-quality dinner you can make at home.
- Apple Rose Tart with Peanut Butter Custard – this one is a showstopper
- Slow Cooker Carrot & Apple Soup – don’t forget the za’atar croutons!
- Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices from Mom Loves Baking
- Apple Pie for Two from Homemade In The Kitchen