This Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip is a full flavor but lower-fat version of the tailgate and party classic!
Have you tried buffalo chicken dip yet? It seems like it’s shown up at every sports-watching party I’ve attended in the last few years. And for good reason….this stuff is delicious. I mean, it’s basically just shredded rotisserie chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, buffalo sauce and blue cheese. All good things. There’s no way this dip can be bad.
This Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip is reduced fat, but not reduce flavor!
- 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese
- 4 celery ribs, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (or light sour cream)
- 2/3 cup buffalo sauce, plus extra for garnish, if desired
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Crackers, chips and/or sliced vegetables, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium saucepot, cook cream cheese over medium heat 3 minutes or until smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in celery, chicken, yogurt, buffalo sauce and lemon juice.
- Transfer mixture to medium baking dish; sprinkle with blue cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Garnish with green onions and extra buffalo sauce, if desired. Serve warm with crackers, chips and/or sliced vegetables.
More great “buffalo” recipes:
- Buffalo Shrimp Pizza – fast and easy for a weeknight.
- Buffalo Chicken Salad with Ranch Cottage Cheese – great for meal prep lunches!
- Buffalo Falafel Subs – an American twist on a Mediterranean snack.
- Buffalo Ranch Pasta Salad – this one always disappears quickly at parties.
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings from Broma Bakery
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos from Life In The Lofthouse