Mexican Street Corn Brats
Inspired by elote, these Mexican Street Corn Brats are ideal for a summer celebration or easy weeknight meal! Spicy sausages are topped with fresh sweet corn, creamy lime sauce and tangy cheese.
Happy National Bratwurst Day (aka Bratsgiving)! Grilled brats are a go-to easy dinner for my husband and I all summer long. Pair with a few easy (sometimes store-bought, because real life) side dishes, and dinner is on the table really quick. But today I just went ahead and piled the side dish (elote salad) right on top of the brats.
Inspired by elote, the classic Mexican street food of grilled corn slathered in a creamy sauce and sprinkled with cheese, these Mexican Street Corn Brats are ideal for Bratsgiving holiday celebrations.
This month, Meijer stores in the Michigan area are partnering with Johnsonville to celebrate Bratsgiving by offering a variety of limited time only flavored brats (including Jalapeno Cheddar & Firecracker).
For these Mexican Street Corn Brats, start with a package of Johnsonville Firecracker brats – they’re flavored with hot peppers for a nice bit of heat, which is key in this recipe.
Grill them up, and then garnish them with what is kind of a deconstructed elote – grilled sweet corn, crumbled cotija cheese, a lime-spiked creamy sauce, green onions, and a sprinkle of chile powder.
The amazing sweetness of fresh, in-season corn plays off the spiciness of the sausage in the best way possible. You’re going to love this recipe!
Give your friends and family the gift of Brats by hosting your own Bratsgiving with Johnsonville brats and sausages! For more information, please connect with Johnsonville on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, and share your recipe with the tag #Bratsgiving.
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ears sweet corn, shucked
- 1 package (5 brats) Johnsonville Firecracker Brats
- 5 hot dog buns
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In small bowl, stir garlic, mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice and chili powder until well combined. Transfer to refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill for indirect grilling over medium-low heat. Spread 1 tablespoon of butter on each ear of corn; wrap corn in foil.
- Transfer corn and brats to grill over indirect heat. Cook 15 minutes, turning corn and brats occasionally.
- Move corn and brats to direct heat and raise temperature to medium-high. Cook 5 minutes longer or until sausage is browned and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, turning corn and brats frequently. Remove corn and brats from grill.
- Carefully unwrap corn and cut corn kernels from cobs.
- Place brats in buns; top with mayonnaise mixture, corn, cheese, onions and additional chili powder.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.