Best Grilled Chicken Wings
This Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe uses a simple two-zone grilling technique to ensure that your wings are smoky and crispy on the outside, while being perfectly succulent and juicy on the inside.
These are the most crispy Grilled Chicken Wings!
Look, I think we can all agree that the best tasting wings come out of the deep fryer at your local sports bar. But how many of us have deep fryers at home? I don’t!
After experiment with baking, air frying and a few other methods, this Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe has emerged as my favorite way to make wings at home.
They’re a healthier alternative to deep-fried wings since they require much less oil, but you still get the pleasure of that crispy skin and succulent meat.
Enjoy them on their own, or with Parmesan garlic wing sauce, barbecue sauce or buffalo sauce.
Why you will love this Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe
- Grilled wings have an irresistible crispiness without the excessive oil and fat from deep frying.
- We’re keeping it simple with just oil, salt and pepper. Great wings need little else.
- This family-friendly recipe is loved by both kids and adults.
Grilled Chicken Wings ingredients
- chicken wings – choose high-quality split chicken wings (flats and drumettes separated) for the best results for your chicken wings recipe grilled.
- vegetable oil – a thin coating of oil with a high smoke point will lead to crisp wings.
- salt and pepper – simple yet essential seasonings for great tasting wings.
How to make the best Grilled Chicken Wings
1. PREHEAT GRILL. Preheat your grill for two-zone grilling by setting half of the grill to medium heat, and the other half to low.
2. TOSS. Place chicken wings in large bowl and drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use your hands to toss until all the chicken is coated in oil and seasoning.
3. MEDIUM HEAT. Transfer the chicken wings to the medium heat half of the grill and grill until chicken develops grill marks, turning occasionally.
4. LOW HEAT. Move the chicken to the low heat half of the grill and continue cooking until internal temperature of wings reaches 175 degrees F.
Home Chef Tips for the Best Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe
- Feel free to get creative and add your favorite spices and dried herbs to the seasoning for these crispy grilled chicken wings.
- If you don’t have an outdoor grill, you can use a grill pan set at medium heat for the first part of cooking, then lower the heat until the chicken finishes cooking.
- Invest in a meat thermometer so it’s easy to check when your wings reach 175 degrees F.
How to serve this Chicken Wings Recipe grilled
Or, if it’s game day, round out the snack table with things like:
How to store Crispy Grilled Chicken Wings
If you have any leftovers of these best grilled chicken wings, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Grilled Chicken Wings FAQs
Grilling times may vary depending on your grill and the size of the wings, but it should take about 18 to 25 minutes to ensure that the internal temperature of the wings reaches 175 degrees F.
Yes, a light coating of oil helps enhances the crispiness and prevents the wings from sticking to the grill grates.
Boiling is unnecessary for this recipe. The grill will be sufficient for cooking and crisping the grilled chicken wings.
- 3 pounds split chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Preheat grill for two-zone grilling: Half of the grill should be set to medium and the other half should be set to low.
- Meanwhile, place chicken in large bowl. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use your hands to toss until all chicken is coated in oil and seasoning.
- Transfer chicken to medium heat half of grill. Grill 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken develops grill marks, turning occasionally (only turn when chicken easily releases from grill).
- Move chicken to low heat half of grill and continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 175 degrees F.
Foxes Love Lemons, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 620Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 1298mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 29g
This website provides estimated nutrition information as a courtesy only. Nutrition information does not include any optional ingredients or toppings. You should calculate the nutrition information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.