Dip is good. Beer is good. Cheese is good. Combine all three, and it’s going to be really good. Supporting the local economy by using Michigan-made ingredients? Really really good!
The November Mitten Crate arrived packed with interesting Michigan-made products, including:
- Dearborn Brand Classic Hunter Sausages
- Backwoods Mustard Sweet Jalapeño Mustard
- Sweet Artisan Marshmallows Vanilla Bean & Lemon Marshmallows
- Good People Popcorn Caramel & Cheese Mix Popcorn
- Chazzano Coffee Cardamom Hot Cocoa
- Lush Gourmet Foods Dark Cocoa Chili Almonds
When I saw the Backwoods Mustard Co. Sweet Jalapeño mustard, I knew I could use it to make a spicy version of classic beer cheese dip. Obviously, you also need beer for this recipe, so make sure you pick a Michigan beer! IPA works well here, so I used Short’s Brewing Co. Dan’s Pink Skirt IPA.
Want to try a Mitten Crate of your own? Click HERE to get started, and use the code FOXES5OFF for $5 off your first month’s subscription, or use the code FOXFREESHIP for free shipping on a one-time order.
This post was written by me on behalf of Mitten Crate, who provided me with a free box for recipe development purposes. I was not otherwise compensated for writing this post, and all opinions are 100% my own.