If it’s game day, there MUST be chicken wings on the menu. It’s totally non-negotiable, at least in my house! We like to experiment with different combinations of marinade, dry rubs, and sauces for either the wings themselves, or dipping sauces. This year, I have A LOT of different things going on on my Epic Game Day menu, so I decided to keep the wings themselves simple, but really bring the flavor with a creamy Sir Kensington’s mayonnaise-based dipping sauce.
I actually prefer wings made at home vs. ordered at a restaurant. Almost all restaurants cook their wings in a deep fryer, which I think is really unnecessary. At home, I like to roast them on baking racks set over top of sheet pans. Placing the chicken on racks means that the hot air of the oven circulates the entire way around the wings, make them crispy on all sides. Also, I find that restaurants tend to over-sauce their wings, to the point where you can’t even taste the chicken anymore. That’s why I like to serve simple salt and pepper wings with a dipping sauce centerpiece. That way, each person can choose how much sauce they really want.
About that sauce. This Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce is actually inspired by one of my husband’s favorite wing flavors at a national wing chain. But, I prefer my homemade version for all of the reasons I just mentioned. I started with a base of Sir Kensington’s Classic Mayonnaise, and then stirred in generous amounts of Parmesan cheese, garlic paste, buttermilk and chives, along with a dash of Worcestershire sauce (for that utterly additive umami quality).
I’ve adored Sir Kensington’s condiments for a long time now. If you come to my house, you’ll find a fridge door fully stocked with their all natural, non-GMO verified ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard (and, I’d stock up on their vegan mayo if I were having vegan friends over). It may sound silly, but the reason I love their mayonnaise so much is because they season it with black pepper. I’m a HUGE black pepper lover, and very few store-bought mayonnaises come already black peppered. But Sir Kensington’s does, and I love them for it. Even if I DID add even more pepper to this dreamy, dippable Parmesan Garlic Wing Sauce.
Sir Kensington’s full line of condiments can be purchased at your local Whole Foods, Busch’s, or Plum Market, and online at Vitacost. For more information, please visit SirKensingtons.com and follow the brand on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and with the hashtag #SirKensingtons.
Chicken Wings with Parmesan Garlic Wing Sauce
For The Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds whole chicken wings (split at joint, tips removed)
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
For the Parmesan-Garlic Sauce
- 3/4 cup Sir Kensington’s Mayonnaise
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Make the Chicken Wings: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place wire racks inside two rimmed baking pans. Divide wings between prepared racks. Season wings with salt and pepper. Transfer to oven and bake 45 minutes or until wings are golden brown and crispy, rotating pans halfway through cooking time.
- Meanwhile, make the Parmesan-Garlic Sauce: In small bowl, stir together all ingredients.
- Serve Chicken Wings with Parmesan-Garlic Sauce.
Epic Game Day Recipe Schedule:
- Sunday, January 15th: Epic Game Day Overview
- Monday, January 16th: Toasted Ravioli Nachos
- Thursday, January 19th: General Tso’s Meatballs
- Monday, January 23rd: Pork Belly & Tomato Jam Sliders
- Thursday, January 26th: Parmesan Garlic Wing Sauce
- Monday, January 30th: French Onion Cheese Fondue
Other Game Day Ideas:
- Spinach Dip in Mini Pumpernickel Bowls
- Everything Bagel Chicken Wings
- Cheese Board for Beer
- Meyer Lemon Shandy
- Steak Sliders with Artichoke Spread & Horseradish Greens
- Meaty Enchilada Chili Dip
- Beer Brats with Beer Queso
- Caramel Corn & Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Fiesta Chorizo & Poblano Potato Skins
- Mini Turkey Taco Salads
- Build-Your-Own Meatball Sub Platter
- Beer Queso Dip Shooters
- Pizza Popcorn
- Tandoori Sweet Potato Skins
Making one of these recipes? Please let me know by sharing a photo on social media with the hashtag #FLLEpicGameDay!
Disclosure: This was a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sir Kensington’s. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.