I’m fairly certain that our neighbors think we are crazy. I used to have a recipe testing job that involved testing recipes in the most UN-seasonal way possible. Because I worked for a publishing company, and summer issues of magazines had to be worked on in the winter (and vice versa), I was regularly seen stomping my snow boots out to the grill with a plate of hamburgers at 8am in January. Conversely, my neighbors could also see me sitting on my front porch for fresh air in July, when the house was too darn hot from the Thanksgiving turkey that was roasting in the oven.
You’d think that after I left that job to start this blog, the madness would have ended. But the truth is, nothing beats the flavor of grilled food. And with the the right amount of layers, why not grill all year ’round? Plus, I have to keep up with my husband who smokes meat and brews beer outside, no matter the temperature.
Because we still have a few days until the big game / best snack day of the year, I wanted to give you one more dip recipe to consider. My inspiration behind this Smoky Barbecue Chicken, Bacon & Corn Dip was to re-create all the flavors of a summer barbecue party. By stirring grilled chicken, bacon, cheddar cheese, corn and Kraft Hickory Smoke Barbecue Sauce into the creamy base of this dip, I think I succeeded.
This month, Kraft Barbecue Sauce is celebrating the launch of a newly revamped line of sauces that feature ingredients like tomatoes, molasses, cider vinegar and cane sugar (no high fructose corn syrup here). Choose from 8 varieties – Original, Hickory Smoke, Sweet Honey, Mesquite Smoke, Sweet Brown Sugar, Sweet & Spicy, Spicy Honey, and Thick & Spicy – I think any of them would be good in this dip!
To celebrate the launch, Kraft created the Evergriller Grill ‘N’ Flip Mitt to help “Evergrillers” like me endure the elements. You can see me wearing the mitt, along with a hat, scarf, two pairs of gloves on my other hand, boots, long underwear and who knows what else in the photo above. The mitt protected my hand from the heat of the grill as well as the chill of the air. The unique design of the mitt allowed me to insert grilling tools in the top of it so I could still flip and baste with ease.
Grillers everywhere can enter for a chance to win an Evergriller Grill ‘N’ Flip Mitt of their own and a year’s supply of Kraft Barbecue Sauce. To enter, grill fans can visit GrillinFools.com through January 30th (GO QUICK!). The winner will be randomly selected at the close of the giveaway.
For more great Kraft Barbecue Sauce recipes, visit KraftRecipes.com.
- 1 small chicken breast
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Juice of 1/2 lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup Kraft Hickory Smoke Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Potato chips or tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Transfer chicken breast to grill and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Transfer to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes, then finely chop.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, lime juice, barbecue sauce, sour cream, chili powder, garlic powder and cumin until smooth.
- If desired, reserve a small portion of bacon, corn, Cheddar cheese and/or cilantro for garnish. Fold in chicken and remaining bacon, corn, cheese and cilantro. Sprinkle with reserved garnishes and serve with chips.