These Tandoori Chicken Wraps are so good for lunch or a light dinner. Tandoori-marinated chicken is wrapped up in flatbread with Greek yogurt-cilantro sauce.
First of all, you may be thinking “whoa, this blog looks different than last time I was here.” That is accurate. Truth is, I recently celebrated six months of blogging – five to six posts each week.
Of course, I know six months is a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things. But I’m only just getting started – I’ll be doing this for a good long time. Still, I celebrated six months by treating myself to some help from a designer and giving my page a bit of a refresh. I hope you like it and find it easy to navigate. But anyway…
Happy Sunday! I’m going to be spending my day doing absolutely nothing, and it’s going to be absolutely amazing. It’s a rare luxury in the summertime to have a weekend day with no plans.
Ok, maybe I won’t do nothing today. But what I will do will likely involve pancakes. And a bike ride. Maybe a leisurely dog walk. And a glass of scotch while watching watching/hyperventilating over Breaking Bad. Seriously, that show. My jaw is perma-clenched just thinking about how it’s all going to turn out.
About these tandoori chicken wraps:
Even though I haven’t yet visited India, my dish today is a sandwich made with tandoori chicken. Is this authentic? Well, my marinade is adapted from a well-loved (by me) Food Network Magazine recipe, so you do the math.
However, I can guarantee you that the chicken is super tender and seasoned in good stuff like fresh ginger, tomato paste, hot paprika and garlic. Wrapped up in a soft flatbread with some cilantro-flecked Greek yogurt and crunchy veggies, this flavor-packed tandoori chicken wrap that brings Indian street food to your home dinner table.
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (3-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, roughly chopped, plus 1/4 of the onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 whole wheat flatbread wraps
- 4 large pieces Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- In blender or food processor, process garlic, ginger, chopped onion, 2 tablespoons yogurt, oil, tomato paste, 1-3/4 teaspoons paprika, coriander and cumin until it forms a mostly smooth paste (there will be a few chunks, that’s OK). Place chicken in large zip-top bag; pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on rimmed baking pan and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, turning once. Transfer chicken to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Slice chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together cilantro, salt, and remaining 1/2 cup yogurt and 1/4 teaspoon paprika.
- Build wraps using flatbread, lettuce, tomatoes, sliced onion, chicken and yogurt mixture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 536Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 881mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 40g
DELICIOUS SALADS TO PAIR WITH THESE WRAPS:
- Chopped Broccoli Salad with Cheese Tortellini – this one is a crowd pleaser!
- Heirloom Tomato & Beet Salad – for when tomatoes are at their peak.
- Great Green Salad with Miso Dressing – simple and perfect.
- Watermelon & Avocado Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing – the best combo of sweet and salty!
- Sweet Celery Seed Apple Slaw – great with barbecue chicken or ribs.
- Israeli Couscous Salad with Summer Vegetables from Green Valley Kitchen
- Rosemary Chicken, Bacon and Avocado Salad from How Sweet Eats