This blog series is called “If I Liked It, Then I Should Have Put A  Ring [Binder] On It.” I know, naming blog posts after a 5-year-old Beyonce song makes me a huge loser, but until somebody tells me to cut it out, I’m just going to go with it. The title just means that I try out a lot of recipes from magazines and websites – only the ones I really, really like go into a 3-ring binder to keep for the future and make again.
Recipe: Ina Garten / The Barefoot Contessa’s Savory Palmiers (click to be taken to the full recipe)
Background: This is total “Lori Food.” Pretty much everything in these is a favorite food of mine – goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, pine nuts, basil pesto. Oh, hell yeah. The first time I made these, I took them to a girls night out at a place called “Painting with a Twist.” You bring your own drinks and snacks, and then an instructor walks you through how to replicate a painting. All was well and good up until the last 15 minutes when we added the enamored couple going for a moonlight stroll to the painting. The woman on my painting ended up looking like Gwyneth Paltrow. But not normal Gwyneth. Gwyneth dressed in a fat suit in Shallow Hal.
|Can you say “CANKLES”?|
What I Like: Again, it’s Lori Food – I love the flavors. But more than anything, it’s something that’s super simple but looks really fancy. It’s perfect for girls nights out, baby showers, bridal showers, brunches or cocktail parties.
- Olive Tapanade & Chopped Artichokes
- Bacon & Apple Butter
- Smoked Salmon, Chive Cream Cheese & Capers
- Prosciutto & Fig Preserves
- Pizza Rolls – Pepperoni & Marinara
- Cold Sesame Noodles from Savuer
- Savory Palmiers from Ina Garten
- Seven-Minute Huevos Rancheros from Real Simple
- Couscous-Stuffed Peppers with Basil Sauce from Giada De Laurentiis
- Greek Tacos from Jeff Mauro
- Dark Chocolate Chunk and Dried Cherry Oatmeal Cookies from Bake or Break
- Black Forest Cupcakes from CookiesCakesPiesOhMy