Red Velvet Wedding Cake In A Jar #SundaySupper
Five years ago this week, Jeff and I got married. Our wedding and reception were at the University of Michigan, where we met. It rained all morning and threatened to ruin everything (good luck, I hear?), but cleared up by the time of the ceremony. My best friend spent some of her morning discretely bandaging my feet from the blisters my rehearsal dinner shoes had given me. Another friend was our officiant. Still other friends dressed up in pretty dresses and [weird] rental suits and stood up there with us.
What does ANY of this have to do with this week’s #SundaySupper that’s being hosted by Isabel at Family Foodie (the founder of the Sunday Supper movement)? Well, my friends, the theme is desserts inspired by Shaina Olmanson’s fun book, Desserts in Jars: 50 Sweet Treats That Shine.
With this being the week of my 5th anniversary, I knew what I had to do – smush our wedding cake into a jar. The red velvet cake and strawberries of course had to be in there. I swapped the cake frosting out for some lighter whipped cream, and added some almonds, just for crunch. Give it a try for a special occasion, or just any day where you want to feel like a southern belle.
- 2 small unfrosted red velvet cupcakes (use a box mix, homemade recipe, or store-bought cupcakes)
- 3/4 cup whipped cream (store-bought or homemade chantilly cream), divided
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Crumble 1 cupcake into bottom of jar. Add 1/2 cup whipped cream, strawberries and almonds, in layers. Crumble remaining cupcake over almonds, then top with remaining 1/4 cup whipped cream. Grab a friend or loved one, 2 spoons, and enjoy.
Sunday Supper Desserts In Jars:
- Summer Fruit Fool in Jars by Shockingly Delicious
- Banana Split Cakes in a Jar by Daily Dish Recipes
- Baked Cheesecake In A Jar by Chocolate Moosey
- Key Lime Pies in a Jar by Home Cooking Memories
- Fudgy Brownie Mix by What Smells So Good?
- 5 Minute Coffee Cake in a Jar by Juanita’s Cocina
- Strawberry Mess by Jane’s Adventure’s in Dinner
- Mini Blueberry Cream Cheese Pies by Magnolia Days
- Peach Crisp in Jars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes by Hip Foodie Mom
- Salted Caramel Frozen Yogurt by Healthy.Delicious
- Boston Cream Pie Trifle by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Egg Cream in A Jar by Growing Up Gabel
- Cinnamon Espresso Bread Pudding in a Jar by Country Girl in the Village
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake in a Jar by Runner’s Tales
- Blueberry Thyme Pie in a Jar by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Caramel Panna Cotta in a Jar by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Layered Melon Granitas in Jars by Curious Cuisiniere
- Red Velvet Wedding Cake In A Jar by Foxes Love Lemons
- Strawberry Shortcake with Lemon Mascarpone in a Jar by Gotta Get Baked
- Nutella Panna Cotta in a Jar by Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie in a Jar by Big Bears Wife
- Bacon Bourbon Bread Pudding by The Urban Mrs
- Cinnamon Caramel Affogatos by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Ice Cream by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Midori Melon Flower Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Triple Berry Crisp in a Jar by Ruffles & Truffles
- Guilt-Free Blueberry Cream Cheese Gingerbread in a Jar by Eat, Move, Shine
- Gluten Free Pull-Apart Cinnamon Bread in a Jar by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Roasted Strawberry Coconut Cream Parfaits With Toasted Coconut by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate and Banana Ice Box Trifle In A Jar by In the Kitchen with KP
Do you like eating desserts or other foods out of jars? I’d love to hear about it – feel free to leave links and/or recipes in the comments!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement