These Irish Cream Brownies are decadent chocolate brownies with a Baileys-spiked cheesecake center. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day . . . or any day!
This week, my husband and his co-workers were apparently having a tough week at work. So, they requested that I make them a “treat.”
While this sort of made me feel like a mom of a 2nd grader (instead of a wife to a 29-year-old), I figured I could use it as an opportunity to make a St. Patrick’s Day-themed dessert.
First of all, what should I serve before we have these Irish cream brownies for St. Patrick’s Day dessert?
What are Baileys Irish Cream Brownies?
These chocolate brownies have a cream cheese filling, that when baked, tastes like cheesecake spiked with a little kick of Baileys Irish Cream liqueur.
They’re perfect for St. Patrick’s Day thanks to the Irish cream, but honestly, I’ll probably start making these all year ’round! Brownies + alcohol? Count me in for that.
How to make Baileys Brownies:
You’ll be making two different elements for these brownies – the brownie batter, and the Baileys cheesecake mixture.
For the brownie batter, you can use either a box of brownie mix or use your favorite homemade brownie recipe. Personally, I really like boxed brownies! They’re easy and delicious.
Then, you’ll be preparing the cheesecake mixture by beating cream cheese, sugar, an egg, vanilla and Baileys Irish Cream liqueur with an electric mixer until smooth.
Assemble the brownies by placing a layer of brownie batter in your baking pan, then carefully spreading the cheesecake mixture over it. Finish with the remaining brownie batter.
Transfer to the oven and bake!
Do these need to be refrigerated?
For food safety reasons, it really is best to refrigerate anything that has a cheesecake element (once it has fully cooled to room temperature on the counter). Plus, I secretly love cold brownies. I know it’s weird, but I do!
It’s also MUCH easier to cut and serve these brownies after they have been chilled.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box (about 20 ounces) fudge brownie mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place cream cheese, egg, sugar, Baileys and vanilla in bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment; beat at medium speed 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth.
- Meanwhile, prepare brownie batter according to package instructions.
- Pour half of brownie batter in prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Dollop cream cheese mixture on top of brownie batter; use offset spatula or knife to gently and evenly distribute. Pour remaining brownie batter over cream cheese mixture and spread evenly.
- Transfer to oven and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until cream cheese layer is set. Transfer to wire rack; cool COMPLETELY. Transfer to refrigerator and chill 2 hours or up to 2 days before cutting into 24 small squares to serve.
Foxes Love Lemons, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g
More great brownie recipes:
- Brownie Bowls for Ice Cream – brownies in the shape of little bowls, for ice cream scoops!
- Brownie Skillets for Two – one of my favorite weeknight desserts.
- Trick or Beet Brownies – a Halloween trick-or-treat.
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel Caramel Brownies from Homemade in the Kitchen
- Milky Way Brownie Bites from Crazy for Crust