- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 ounces brussels sprouts, stems removed, halved (larger ones quartered)
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 5 slices hardwood smoked bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ball of pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
- Cornmeal (optional)
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 3 large button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray rimmed baking pan with cooking spray. Place brussels sprouts on pan; lightly spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until sprouts are very brown, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. While still warm, transfer sprouts to bowl. Add balsamic glaze and sriracha; toss until well combined.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until crispy. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper-towel lined plate. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion; cook 10 to 15 minutes or until deeply caramelized, stirring frequently.
- Increase oven to 450 degrees F. Press pizza dough into large circle on pizza stone or pan (spray with cooking spray or sprinkle with cornmeal first if you’re worried about dough sticking). Bake 10 minutes or until light golden brown and almost cooked through.
- Remove crust from oven. Spread with pizza sauce, then top with mushrooms, cheese, brussels sprouts, bacon and caramelized onion. Bake 5 to 7 minutes longer, or until crust is cooked through and toppings are hot.
For more pizza creations by Jeff, check out our pizza archive!