Since I celebrated the end of summer tomatoes earlier this week, I’m moving on to the best of the fall bounty. The farmer’s market is overflowing with squashes of all shapes and sizes, giant stalks of brussels sprouts, and big baskets of locally foraged mushrooms. While any of these veggies would be perfect on their own as a simple roasted side dish, I wanted to make something a bit more substantial this week.
My favorite way to bulk up a meatless meal is with a portion of pasta. And since I had been in a clean-out-the-fridge mode before the start of my kitchen renovation, I’d been getting *pretty* inventive as far as what constituted a pasta sauce. But you know what? Sometimes forced creativity leads to the happiest discoveries.
I spied a container of La Terra Fina Chunky Artichoke & Jalapeño Dip & Spread, and figured I would just give it a try as a creamy addition to my vegetable pasta. And it worked like a charm! I thinned out the dip with a bit of cream and vegetable broth, and was thrilled with how this creamy “sauce” ended up tasting like something I had been simmering on the stove for hours. With just a hint of spice from the jalapeños, and nice big chunks of artichoke, this dip turned out to be the perfect thing to pull the whole dish together.
Made with high-quality ingredients, all of La Terra Fina’s products are bursting with a just-like-homemade flavor. They’re free of trans fats, artificial colors and flavors, and preservatives, so you can feel good whenever you serve these chef-inspired dips (even when you’re pretending they are pasta sauce). Enjoy!
Creamy Roasted Autumn Vegetable Pasta
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (1-inch cubes) (from about half of a 2-1/2 pound squash)
- 3/4 pound brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, halved or quartered if large
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 container (10 ounces) Chunky Artichoke & Jalapeño Dip & Spread
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place squash and brussels sprouts on rimmed baking pan. Add olive oil, salt and pepper; toss until well combined. Transfer to oven and roast 15 minutes. Stir squash and brussels sprouts; add mushrooms to pan. Roast 15 minutes longer or until all vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare spaghetti according to package directions.
- While vegetables are roasting and spaghetti is cooking, place dip, vegetable broth and cream in small saucepot. Cook over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Add vegetables and dip mixture; toss until well combined. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Disclosure: As a Food Lovers ambassador, this post was sponsored by La Terra Fina. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.