Turn a seasonal favorite veggie into a healthful “pasta” dish the whole family will love with these Butternut Squash Noodles with Garlic & Lemon!
I’m here today with a seasonal edition of “yeah, I can spiralize that.” One of my favorite things to spiralize is butternut squash.
The large size of the squash makes it ideal to get nice long strands of butternut squash spaghtti, which makes it an awesome healthful alternative to pasta.
How do you make squash noodles? How do I spiralize butternut squash?
When looking for a butternut squash to spiralize, you want to find one with a small “bulbous” end (the hollow part with the seeds), as that part won’t spiralize (so just reserve it for another meal, perhaps where you simply slice it up and roast it).
You also want a squash with a long and thick “neck” (the non-bulbous part) – that’s the part that spiralizes well.
Peel the neck of the butternut squash and trim the top off. Spiralize the squash using the thickest noodle setting on your spiralizer. If desired, use scissors or a sharp knife to trim the noodles into shorter lengths so they’re easier to eat.
What is in Garlic & Lemon Butternut Squash Noodles?
- unsalted butter
- garlic cloves
- spiralized butternut squash
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- lemon juice
- grated Parmesan cheese
How do you cook butternut squash noodles?
I wanted to keep this Garlic & Lemon Butternut Squash Noodles recipe simple and really let the flavor of the squash shine through, so I simply sautéed the butternut squash noodles in a little bit of butter and garlic, and then finished them with some fresh rosemary, lemon juice and parmesan cheese.
Can you boil them instead of sauté?
Definitely! I prefer the sauté method because it allows me to get more butter and garlic flavor into the butternut squash spaghetti, but if you’d prefer to boil your butternut squash noodles, simply bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the squash noodles and cook 2 minutes or until tender. Drain well and serve!
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups spiralized butternut squash (made using the "spaghetti" blade)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- In large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add squash, rosemary, salt and pepper; cook 5 minutes or until squash noodles are tender, stirring frequently. Add lemon juice; toss until well combined.
- Serve noodles garnished with cheese.
Foxes Love Lemons, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 310mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 14gSugar: 8gProtein: 4g
More recipes using your spiralizer:
- Grilled Pork Banh Mi with Spiralized Pickled Vegetables – a summer favorite at my house!
- Caprese Braised Chicken with Cacio e Pepe Zucchini Noodles – good for a date night at home.
- Zucchini Noodle Bowls with Spicy Cashew Sauce – I like this one for lunch meal prep.
- Cucumber & Avocado Salad with Tequila-Poppyseed Vinaigrette – a light and refreshing summer salad.
- Asian Zoodle Salad Jars – we make this one for lunch a lot.
- Rosemary Spiralized Potatoes from The Clean Eating Couple
- Spiralized Vegetable Salad with Roasted Chickpeas from Jessica Gavin