Turn a seasonal favorite veggie into a healthful “pasta” dish the whole family will love with these Garlic & Lemon Butternut Squash Noodles!
I’m taking a break from Epic Thanksgiving today, for the seasonal edition of “yeah, I can spiralize that.” One of my favorite things to spiralize is butternut squash. When looking for a butternut squash to spiralize, you want to find one with a small “bulbous” end (the hollow part with the seeds), as that part won’t spiralize (so just reserve it for another meal, perhaps where you simply slice it up and roast it). You also want a squash with a long and thick “neck” (the non-bulbous part) – that’s the part that spiralizes well.
I wanted to keep this Garlic & Lemon Butternut Squash Noodles recipe simple and really let the flavor of the squash shine through, so I simply sautéed the butternut squash noodles in a little bit of butter and garlic, and then finished them with some fresh rosemary, lemon juice and parmesan cheese.
But of course, these noodles aren’t exactly a complete meal, and that’s where a little eggplant parmesan comes into play. There are a lot of big “project” recipes I enjoy making, but eggplant parmesan isn’t one of them. I do, however, love EATING eggplant parm, so that presents a bit of a problem, right? Not with Eggplant Parmesan from Michael Angelo’s Signature Line. This oven-ready Italian meal found in the frozen aisle is made with fresh eggplant, vine-ripened tomatoes and a blend of imported cheeses. It provides all the comfort and big flavors I crave from eggplant parmesan without the hours of prep time.
Michael Angelo’s is a family-owned and operated company making frozen meals with real ingredients and absolutely no preservatives. To find out more, be sure to connect with them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. To find Michael Angelo’s near you, please visit the Store Locator.
Garlic & Lemon Butternut Squash Noodles
Turn this seasonal favorite veggie into a healthful “pasta” dish the whole family will love!
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups spiralized butternut squash (made using the “spaghetti” blade)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- In large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add squash, rosemary, salt and pepper; cook 5 minutes or until squash noodles are tender, stirring frequently. Add lemon juice; toss until well combined.
- Serve noodles garnished with cheese.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Michael Angelo’s. The opinions and text are all mine.