Clean out your fridge and create a vibrant, healthful summer meal with these Summer Salmon Bowls!
When it comes to clean-out-the-fridge meals, usually, that’s my husband’s territory. His calling in life is opening up the fridge and all the cabinets, finding a handful of the most random odds and ends, and turning it into a meal so terrific that nobody would know he didn’t plan it.
Me? I usually like to have a solid meal plan for the week, with my dinner ideas all mapped out in advance. But sometimes, like when you really ARE trying to clean out the fridge before a vacation, you gotta do what you gotta do. These Summer Salmon Bowls were my very own clean-out-the-fridge creation, and the results were delicious.
ABOUT THESE SUMMER SALMON BOWLS:
Here’s what I found in my kitchen and how I put it all together:
- tricolor israeli couscous – feel free to use regular couscous, rice, or any type of grain you like (maybe quinoa or farro?)
- summer squash – I sauteed this in a little olive oil to get some yummy brown bits on it
- fresh snap peas – I blanched these in hot water until they were slightly tender but also still crisp, then shocked them in cold water to keep them vibrant
- fresh cherries – because it’s the summer, and nearly every meal I eat involves fresh cherries
- marcona almonds – because I will use any excuse to eat marcona almonds
- basil– from my garden!
All the ingredients above could be considered some type of salad, but to make it a meal, I needed protein. For situations like this, I usually keep a few boxes of The Saucy Fish Co.’s Herb Crusted Atlantic Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce in my freezer. It’s kind of like a magic trick to have an awesome seafood dish in less than 30 minutes on any night of the week.
The box comes with two raw pieces of herb crusted Atlantic salmon. All you need to do is unwrap them and put them in the oven bake bag they come with. Pop them in the oven for 25 minutes, and while that’s working, simply heat up the packet of lemon butter sauce. Drizzle fish with sauce, place on top of your clean-out-the-fridge bowl, and eat!
The Saucy Fish Co. products can be found at Mariano’s and Peapod in Chicago, Raley’s and Nob Hill in Northern California, Jet.com in NYC and Whole Foods in Canada. For more information on The Saucy Fish Co., be sure to visit their website and connect with them on Twitter and Instagram.
MORE GREAT BOWL DINNERS:
- Funky Good Rice & Shrimp Bowls – with yummy green sauce
- Fish Taco Bowls with Sweet Potato Rice – another great salmon bowl
- BBQ Party Dinner Bowls – summer in a bowl!
- Slow Cooker Thai Turkey Noodle Bowls – let your crock pot do the work
- Zucchini Noodle Bowls with Spicy Cashew Sauce – a great way to use up an abundance of zucchini
- Healthy Chicken Shawarma Quinoa Bowls from Peas and Crayons
- Enchilada Power Bowls with Spicy Tofu from Full of Plants
Disclosure: This was a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Saucy Fish Co. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.