Buffalo Ranch Pasta Salad #SundaySupper
Next week is already Labor Day weekend? I thought I would have time to savor every drop of this summer, after the worst-ever Polar Vortex we went through last winter. Instead, it seems like summer has gone by even faster than usual.
It’s really not surprising, considering how much I’ve done this summer: kayaking, a big picnic with friends, several baseball games, a trip to Columbus, a charity event at the zoo, a mini vacation with my mom, a mini vacation with my girlfriends, lake time for the 4th of July, the Ann Arbor Art Fair, meeting many of my #SundaySupper friends at the Food & Wine Conference, the annual Ferndale Pub Crawl, my sangria party, a professional soccer game, camping, and the sinus surgery I just had a few days ago (the only not fun part of my summer, that’s for sure). Whew, I’m tired just typing all of that.
Regardless of the fact that I’m not ready for the summer to end, it can’t be denied that Labor Day weekend is right around the corner. For this week’s #SundaySupper, sponsored by Gallo Family Vineyards, we’re putting together a virtual spread of casual, delicious food for your end-of-summer celebration. We’re toasting the end of an amazing summer with Gallo’s Sweet Red and their new Riesling (which I enjoyed trying for the first time at the Food & Wine Conference!) All of our recipes are either made or paired with one of these wines.
Because Gallo’s new Riesling is perfect with just about any barbecue meal or pasta dish, it seemed natural to enjoy a bottle of it with this party-ready pasta salad that will please a crowd. I took the flavors of buffalo sauce and ranch dressing, but instead of pairing them with chicken, I just stirred them into a veggie-loaded pasta salad. Of course, if you wanted to add diced or shredded chicken to this salad, you certainly could. You could even add blue cheese. But I kept this one nice and light with lots of veggies.
Use the Gallo store locator to find a bottle for your Labor Day entertaining (and use this coupon for $1 off!). Also, be sure to connect with Gallo Family Vineyards on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, and find more Labor Day perfect recipes here.
Yield: 8 servings Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
Buffalo Ranch Pasta Salad
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Don’t forget to check out all of the delicious Sunday Supper recipes:
Labor Day Beverages:
- German Strawberry Wine Punch (Erdbeerbowle) by Magnolia Days
- Ginger Plum Sangria by Jelly Toast
- Lemon Lime Wine Sparkle by Basic N Delicious
- Watermelon Wine Cooler with Lime by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Labor Day Savory Bites:
- Breakfast Sausages with Apples & Riesling by Webicurean
- Buffalo Ranch Pasta Salad by Foxes Love Lemons
- Clams in White Wine Sauce with Goat Cheese Crostini by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Deconstructed Egg Rolls by Ruffles & Truffles
- Peach Mango Grilled Chicken over Quinoa by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Sausage Mushroom and Bacon Pasta by Family Foodie
- Whipped Feta & Grilled Peach Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Labor Day Desserts:
- Brown Butter Grilled Peach Cupcakes with Riesling Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mango Riesling Coulis by Run DMT
- Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake by Desserts Required
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Brownies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Peach Granita Sundaes by Melanie Makes
- Peach Riesling Buckle by girlichef
- Riesling Infused Peach and Blueberry Cobbler by In The Kitchen With KP
- Riesling Poached Peaches with Mascarpone Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Wine Ice Cream by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here – Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography.